Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Should I take the morning after/plan b pill?

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM
  • 26 Replies

So I've been on nuvaring for several months now. This past week DH and I have been "doing laundry" a lot.

Needless to say I'm swollen down there and the stupid ring will not go back in.... Its been out more than 2 hours now (I keep trying about every 15 minutes to see if the swelling is down enough to get it back in).

I know after 2 hours its not very effective, so should I get plan b or a morning after pill or just stick it back in as soon as possible and hope and pray like hell we didn't just make an Easter baby?

Period is due in 11 days if that makes a difference and I SHOULD have ovulated on Friday, but I'm not for certain on ovulation.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pancake.
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:51 PM
I'd take it just to be safe. It's super easy to get these days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KanPsMommy
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:52 PM

Its it over the counter for anyone over 17 now?

Quoting pancake.:

pancake.
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Yep! You can get it from any pharmacy. It's like $50, I think.

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Its it over the counter for anyone over 17 now?

Quoting pancake.:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kris0921
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I would just incase, if you dont want a kid. But that pill isnt always a guarantee. Good luck, and I want to say its OTC, but its behind the pharmacy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KanPsMommy
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Yeah I'm really scared about what its going to do to my body. I've heard some awful stories from friends. :(

Quoting kris0921:

I would just incase, if you dont want a kid. But that pill isnt always a guarantee. Good luck, and I want to say its OTC, but its behind the pharmacy.

pancake.
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I've taken it. Years ago when it first came out and was brand new. I had no ill effects except I had some nausea. It was easy, and I went on to conceive two children afterward. Didnt mess with my cycle, nothing like that. Good luck!

Quoting KanPsMommy:

Yeah I'm really scared about what its going to do to my body. I've heard some awful stories from friends. :(

Quoting kris0921:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:25 PM
If the nuvaring is like the pill doesn't it keep u from ovulating? You shouldn't have to worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IansMommy2012
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:26 PM
I've taken it twice no side effects or anything. But it will make you period come!!! Be prepared!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KanPsMommy
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I don't know. Considering it says if its out for more than 2 hours you have a chance of becoming pregnant. 

Quoting erin708:

If the nuvaring is like the pill doesn't it keep u from ovulating? You shouldn't have to worry.

adulation
by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 11:23 PM

i would rather be safe than sorry.  in my state you have to have a state id and it was $40.

I took it when i missed pills.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)