Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RUDE!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:27 AM
  • 28 Replies

So boyfriend and I were invited to my dads for Easter and we went. Little did I know that my stepmom invited her best friend, someone that has hated me since the day I got pregnant was there (last year she made an announcement how people made to be parents never get pregnant, yet those who dont deserve it do) Also, last year my stepmom entertained everyone at the expense of my pregnancy since the father wanted nothing to do with us.

I made cupcakes to bring for everyone...those were placed on the back table along with dd's stuff. And then I had to listen to my stepmom talk shit about my mom, who happens to be my best friend. 

Then, stepmoms best friend's mom (oi, too much) starts asking me why Im so tired if dd is such a good baby. I explained how I was cooking and cleaning and we went to the Ren Fair yesterday and that took a lot out of be because I dont like going outside and I dont like being around people. She gives me this weird look and asks me what is wrong with me. I answer her that nothing is wrong with me. She then tells me I need to go to a neurologist because I'm not normal, and that theres something wrong with me.

I have never before met this woman. 

We stayed another half hour and then left... I hate that I quit smoking because boy did today warrent one!

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlogsdon
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Why go if you know they're all going to be nasty? Go somewhere with nice people lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xLilBit22
by Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:59 AM
What an ass. I would've told her to stick it up her ass. Just me though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RaevynEvermore
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Because they're family...my family is all my daughter has and I want her to know all of her family. I dont really know my grandparents because they were the same way to my parents

Quoting mlogsdon:

Why go if you know they're all going to be nasty? Go somewhere with nice people lol

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Family should consist of people who love you and treat you with respect. Would you want your daughter to put up with that from others?

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Because they're family...my family is all my daughter has and I want her to know all of her family. I dont really know my grandparents because they were the same way to my parents

Quoting mlogsdon:

RaevynEvermore
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:23 AM

no...

I need to gather up the balls to tell them what I think of that situation. Ive always been scared of that side of my family. They were the ones that raised me (I was never good enough etc..)

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Family should consist of people who love you and treat you with respect. Would you want your daughter to put up with that from others?

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Quoting mlogsdon:

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:27 AM
3 moms liked this
Oh sugar, they're toxic. I don't think you need to confront them (unless it would help you heal). Just be less available to them. Surround yourself with people who love you as you are and genuinely want what's best for you, not what makes them look good.

As adults we get to build our own families and choose who gets to be there with us through life. Don't force yourself to deal with the same naysayers and cruel people just because they're related by blood or marriage. Life is far too short for that.

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

no...

I need to gather up the balls to tell them what I think of that situation. Ive always been scared of that side of my family. They were the ones that raised me (I was never good enough etc..)

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Quoting mlogsdon:

mlogsdon
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:46 AM
Exactly. To me, blood doesn't always mean family. There are people I consider family that I have no relation to, but they've welcomed me with open arms. There are blood relatives that I have nothing to do with because they are negative and nasty.

If you do want to be involved with your family, invite them over to your place, where its all on your terms. And make it clear that trash talking your mother to you is unacceptable. My parents are divorced and my mother tries to talk badly of my father, and I have to remind her that he is still my father, and it hurts me to hear that.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Oh sugar, they're toxic. I don't think you need to confront them (unless it would help you heal). Just be less available to them. Surround yourself with people who love you as you are and genuinely want what's best for you, not what makes them look good.

As adults we get to build our own families and choose who gets to be there with us through life. Don't force yourself to deal with the same naysayers and cruel people just because they're related by blood or marriage. Life is far too short for that.

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

no...

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

Quoting RaevynEvermore:

Quoting mlogsdon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Sometimes the best thing is to get away from the toxic people in your life. My family is almost always rude and has something to say about how I live my life so we moved 6 hours away. The best decision I have ever made. Good luck and hugs.
katiebeth1821
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:36 AM

yea i would of said nothing wrong with me but you might want to see a doctor about that stick up your butt it could cause some serious health issues.

You know I wonder if she was a mom cause if she was well i guess that aplys to her if not then you know what she is just jealouys of you or she trying to kiss your step moms ass.

What ever the reason dont let her bug you. The whole thing about talking shit about your mom first try to talk to her nicely and private and if that doesnt work I would say something in front of the ppl she is talking to like you might not like or get along with her but since we are all adults and she is still my mother I would think you would know its rude and disrespectful. It will piss her off but i can bet her friends be going damm she got balls and i hate to say it but she is right.

Anyways I hope the best for you and your baby.

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Family isn't worth being around if they're hateful and don't love your daughter the way they should anyways.

If they loved her, they would treat her mother with respect. Just like your stepmother should treat YOUR mother with respect.

And honestly, they sound a little redneck. Who the hell asks someone what is wrong with them and recommends a neurologist over a little bit of anxiety? Having anxiety, especially in crowds, is actually quite common. For her not to know that and treat you like you're mentally unstable is a big area of concern.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)