Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

SFOG Abortion

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 126 Replies

Please, lets try to keep it civil. I saw this post in another group and just wondered about it. Have you had an abortion? How old were you and why? Any regrets?

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jojo_star
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes, I've had an abortion. I was 16, didn't want another kid, couldn't afford another kid, emotionally and mentally I couldn't have handled another pregnancy just then. Nope, I've never had a single regret, I'm just thankful and so grateful I was able to abort and didn't have to continue the pregnancy, and all I felt when I walked out of the clinic was relief and freedom.

Pleaseme4ever
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:04 PM
2 moms liked this
I was 23. I had no regrets (at the time). It had been a rocky road for us to get together and now that we were officially together we wanted to start our relationship off "right". A year into our marriage however we lost our first (planned) baby, we were devastated, I feel like it was my punishment for what we had done before.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sunny2morrow
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:07 PM
7 moms liked this

There is so much wrong in your statement, i couldnt even begin to tell you.

Just your last sentence... I crinched. 

I hope your latte afterwards and your care free afternoon were delightful. After all, YOU were the one who had a "hard" afternoon. 

Quoting jojo_star:

Yes, I've had an abortion. I was 16, didn't want another kid, couldn't afford another kid, emotionally and mentally I couldn't have handled another pregnancy just then. Nope, I've never had a single regret, I'm just thankful and so grateful I was able to abort and didn't have to continue the pregnancy, and all I felt when I walked out of the clinic was relief and freedom.

Sunny2morrow
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry to hear. It was not a punishment- that's not how I think life works. 

Quoting Pleaseme4ever:

I was 23. I had no regrets (at the time). It had been a rocky road for us to get together and now that we were officially together we wanted to start our relationship off "right". A year into our marriage however we lost our first (planned) baby, we were devastated, I feel like it was my punishment for what we had done before.

jojo_star
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, actually, it wasn't. I went home, sat down and figured out how I was going to get my life back on track. Then I tucked my son into bed, and stayed up all night planning. Also, I couldn't afford lattes at the time. 

Quoting Sunny2morrow:

There is so much wrong in your statement, i couldnt even begin to tell you.

Just your last sentence... I crinched. 

I hope your latte afterwards and your care free afternoon were delightful. After all, YOU were the one who had a "hard" afternoon. 

Quoting jojo_star:

leila1986
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I had an abortion when I was 18. I was in an abusive relationship. The guy I was with at the time was trying to make me miscarriage. Punching me, pushing me down kicking me. Constantly beating me bc he didn't want to be a dad. To be honest, I didn't want to have a child with him after all that I endured. So, I went to an abortion clinic. I was under 6 weeks so I was able to take a pill that made me miscarry. And that's what I did. After I forced a miscarriage, It took a long time for me to forgive myself. I hated what I did. All I kept thinking was I could have hid from Matt (the guy I was with) did it on my own. Maybe if I told my parents they would have helped. IDK. I went through counseling, I left Matt after he beat me bc he found out I had an abortion. Although, he was trying to make me miscarry. Didn't make much sense. After years went by I finally was able to forgive myself for what I did. I asked God for forgiveness. When I met my husband and we started planning out family I was terrified that I couldn't have children bc the pill that I took ( I didn't know this then) had a side affect of infertility. Luckily that did not affect me. I can say that if someone is considering an abortion to think about it alot. I went though years of therapy bc I hated what I had done. I'm not sharing this for any back lash as anything bad anyone can say, Ive already probably called myself at one point going through all that. 

coffeemom37043
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

I had an abortion at 16. But because I was tricked into it. I was so scared when I found out so I went to my mom thinking she would help me...well...no. She FLIPPED out. And my/our OB is her friend. Well, they told me that if I kept the baby I wouldn't make it through child birth because I was so small. They said I had to get the abortion ASAP before anything went wrong. And seeing as how I was scared beyond belief, and I somehow trusted the doctor, I got the abortion thinking I would die. When I went to a different OB a year later, I asked and found it was all bull shit...So yes, I regret it. Very much. I still feel like it was partially my fault.

mlogsdon
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I've never had one. It took me about 2 years to conceive, and he was very much wanted.

My sister had one at 19, regretted it then and still does. She miscarried a few years ago and was devestated, and is now pregnant again and realllllly hoping to have this go to term. She has wanted this baby for a very long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:15 AM
8 moms liked this
No. Never have and have yet to come up with a circumstance where I would purposely stop a beating heart.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlecheifsmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:01 AM

yes, i was 18 and my princess had a medical issue incompatable with life. i regreat it all.the.time. its been 10 yrs ill never forgive myself but i have accepted it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)