Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I need to make friends

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 4 Replies

We have lived here in Tennessee for over a year now, moved here from Michigan last January. I'm 21 and have five kids (three are step and I have two of my own with my husband and expecting #3 in May). I've met a few neighbors of ours and they have kids around my kids ages but I just don't feel right around them for some reason, I mean we'll talk and whatever but it's just I'm so much younger than they are it seems like. I would love it if I could make friends, what should I do? I want to be friends with people around here.

We live in Murfreesboro about 35 miles southeast of Nashville and that is where my husband works is Nashville so I'm home by myself with the kids a lot, he gets home around 6:30 usually and we do things as a family. I'd just like to make some friends so that I can have things to do with different people and stuff.

Hope someone can help me.

Courtney

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Have you looked for any mommy groups in your area? If you feel uncomfortable around your neighbors I would listen to your instincts and not try to be close friends with them... I really only have online mommy friends too, like the ladies in my due date group from August 2012. Maybe you could get in a due date group for your new little one and make some friends?

rocrobin90
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Sorry I live in South Carolina but I can be ur online friend.

Courtney0991
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks and yes I've looked at some and just can't find any I feel comfortable in. I'll look into the due date groups, you girls can be my friend :)

_MommiiNina_
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM

i live in north dakota but i can be an online friend. I have friends online but thats about all the time i have in a day. i go online and talk with friends here on CM. messege me or add me as a friend and we can talk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN