Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Can I still wear short shorts and dresses this year?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
  • 41 Replies

Im having an issue with picking out my new spring clothes.

So I have had two kids, im 23, but I still look really young. I feel comfortable wearing those clothes and I like to look like girls my age. I know thats what my husband is attracted to as well.

Is it still okay to wear short shorts and sun dresses? My kids are still young so I dont think I will embarrass them or anything, but I also want other parents to respect me.

So I dont know what to do!

Should I still do it while I can, or start dressing like a mommy? :( I still like to feel sexy.

by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momma2Be135
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Go for sexy u will enjoy it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SoontobaMom
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I dont see why not

EmmaZate
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:41 PM
3 moms liked this
I dress like a "mom" but still wear shorts and dresses. You can still look nice and be comfortable. Be careful about length is all I would say. Don't show ass cheeks or anything.... But there are ways to still dress "mom" and have your own style and be comfortable.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I think there are ways to be sexy without short shorts. Sun dresses I don't have any issues with.

xLilBit22
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
U can still wear stuff like that in good taste meaning not having ur buttcheeks hanging out.
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Frankly as long as I can't see your bra or butt I don't care how you dress. I hate seeing moms walking around with their bra showing though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MammaKoi
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM

As long as those shorts don't show your goods, why not? go for it and same for summer dresses. In reality as long as you look respectful, why would it matter how you dress?? 

scoleman828
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM
2 moms liked this
I think, if you wouldn't allow your child to wear it when their around 16 years old, it's probably inappropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbear1992
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Lol I have a step mom (never knew my real mother) and she is 34 and looks amazing for her age (125 lbs 5"3') I'm 21 an 34 weeks pregnant, I was never embarrassed by her and she wore short shorts all the time in spring and summer it's just the style in so cal :) I'm 34 weeks and still wear short shorts lol if it makes you feel sexy go for it!!
gingerprincess
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't get the whole dressing like a mom think... how does a mom dress... ? Really, you dress for your body, your personality...etc, not because you are a mom. I mean, obviously don't dress like a hooker when you are trailing two babies behind you, but you don't have to dress like a nun either. Be comfortable and wear what you want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN