Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
I started a new job a few weeks ago & feel like I don't see my kids enough anymore. I was so excited to get home an hour & half early today. I made dinner, cleaned up the mess, & got Kaylee (4yo DD) into the car to go pick out a redbox movie for us to watch together.
We got home & in the 5mins it took me to hook up the DVD player in her room, she fell asleep. :*-(
Joey (8yoDS) went to his cousin's house for the week (spring break).
And Mackenzie (13yoDD) wants nothing to do with me.......

I love everything about my new job, EXCEPT that I miss my kids so damn much. :*-(

Will this pain & hurt ever go away? Maybe I'm not made to be a working mom? :/ NEVER thought I'd say those words..... UGH!

*curls up & cries*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (21-27):
amy1will
by Amethyst on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww hun I'm sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh honey! You are so amazing! You're doing great. :)
LaideBug
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Even though I am now only working about 10 hours a week (teaching ballet) it is still hard. I love my job and getting free tuition for my daughter rocks but it's hard handing them off. I am very happy and blessed that I am mostly a SAHM.
ShireeCS
by Shiree on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this
Adjusting to a new job is tough for everyone! Give it some time and just try to make the weekends count read a book each night to kaylee check homework with Joey maybe a special shopping trip with Mac for her trip. I struggle with one I couldn't imagine it with three. Hugs!
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:59 AM

i think thats one of the reasons why i wont work. i mean there many other reasons, however, thats a big one. i would miss my chillins

camama007
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:54 AM
1 mom liked this
I am dreading leaving baby next week! Why did he have to come six weeks early! I wasnt planning on going back till may!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Jenx3
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I can imagine that is hard :( I would be sleeping in bed next to my 4 year old since she is still the most snuggly. Lol. I have been a SAHM since I was pregnant with my 10 year old and it would be a huge change to switch that up, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Definately a plus that you like your job! It's going to be so weird next year (fall of 2014) when my last baby goes off to school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)