Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

UGH! I know she tries to help but... >.

Posted by   + Show Post

Hubby and I have decided to start looking into buying our own home. We're tired of renting and dealing with landlords. Plus, hubby and I just want our "own" place. The other reason is because we're sick and tired of the stalker we have squatting in our landlord's property harassing and stalking and stealing our stuff. (Our landlord is aware of what's going on, he says that it's our problem and that WE need to be checking his property to make sure the guy isn't breaking into his places again). 

Well, I fell in love with this house in our old town. It just says home. It needs some TLC outside (paint and the porch roof needs to be replaced but that's easy; I've replaced roofs before). But the realtor has been running us in circles! *headdesk* 

My mom keeps telling us that we should just forget the house if we're having an issue talking to the actual realtor in charge of it (we keep playing phone tag, plus the guy lately has been busy showing houses). She also thinks that the house is horrible and that hubby and I should be buying a $80,000 house instead of staying in our budget. I swear.. We butt heads a lot but this.. .This has gotten me to the point where until we're done looking we aren't going to be around her and my stepdad for awhile. >.<

*headdesk*

Has anyone gone through the process of buying a house? How long did it end up taking you to get through everything? 

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Replies (11-17):
raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:10 PM
How long did it take for the inspector?

Quoting amanda81919:

It took us a yr of searching, but about 2 months when we found the house. But his loan was quick and everything. The longest part was the inspector
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM
You'd be surprised at some of the prices for houses around our area lol

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Make sure you have the home inspected By a professional to catch any underlying problems.

Also, I can't imagine a shack even for sale for $80,000 let alone less than that! Wow!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I'm betting with this realtor it might be the same. It's been difficult to catch this guy and everyone in his office doesn't know a thing about the home except for him.

I get the feeling that this place might need a few major repairs since it was built in 1910.

And yeah, that was one thing my mom did agree on. It's frustrating at first to go get the house but after that.. It's fun lol

Quoting cupcake2819:

We bought a HUD home in 2009.  We made an offer in June...went back and forth with realtors and didn't sign papers until September.  It was very stressful (and the house needed a lot of work too...new water heater, AC/Heat Pump, roof, etc.) but now that we're home owners...it was definately worth the hassle.  We love owning our home and continually making improvements. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liudmyla
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM

We boght 3 houses in different states in the last 4 years. First you need to be approved than put an offer on the house, do negotiating with a seller (it can take couple weeks), do a home inspection and closing takes about 20-30 days depending on the state you are in (if everything goes smoothly). Shortsales can take forever thogh.

We had a problem with realtor showing us one house that we really wanted. We just called the broker and he showed it to us himself.

amanda81919
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Almost a month, trying to get him to make time, but once everything was passed and accepted it was like 2 weeks and we were in our home. /good luck I hope you get it.

Quoting raye-chan:

How long did it take for the inspector?

Quoting amanda81919:

It took us a yr of searching, but about 2 months when we found the house. But his loan was quick and everything. The longest part was the inspector

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Apr. 3, 2013 at 4:44 PM
It's all perspective, right?
I can't imagine living in NYC where a closet is $1,000 a month either! :)

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Make sure you have the home inspected By a professional to catch any underlying problems.

Also, I can't imagine a shack even for sale for $80,000 let alone less than that! Wow!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM
;)

Glad i don't live there either :)

Quoting MamaPeanut:

It's all perspective, right?

I can't imagine living in NYC where a closet is $1,000 a month either! :)

Quoting raye-chan:

Quoting MamaPeanut:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN