Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The older i get...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
  • 11 Replies
2 moms liked this
The more I learn. Honestly.

I've learned that all those years I thought I was enjoying sex, I had no clue how crazy awesome it could be when two people know exactly what they want out of each other. Or that the more you put into it, the more you get off....ummm out of it.

I also learned that if you wanna wear crazy makeup colors, dye your hair neon with polka dots, or sing loudly to your favorite songs, anyone who wants to hassle you about it isn't worth the headache of trying to appease.

I learned that you truly don't know what you don't know until you learn it.

I learned that dreams come true, but that most of the time, it's up to the dreamer to take control to make it happen.

I learned that there is more to life than the American dream, and that the point if it all, is to love, live, and learn. And to never cease either of those three things.

What have you learned?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlogsdon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I've learned that I'll never stop learning. And I've learned that back when I thought I knew it all, I was a dumbass ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I knew I was smart, but it was book smarts, not life smarts, and it's not the same thing.

Quoting mlogsdon:

I've learned that I'll never stop learning. And I've learned that back when I thought I knew it all, I was a dumbass ;-)
mlogsdon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Not at all the same. I'm embarrassed by how full of myself I was. I actually was very smart, but just because I read about something doesn't mean I'm an expert.

Still trying to learn to keep my mouth shut on topics I have no experience with lol. Hasn't clicked yet.

Quoting StarryRain:

I knew I was smart, but it was book smarts, not life smarts, and it's not the same thing.

Quoting mlogsdon:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StarryRain
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Lol, we're a lot alike....

Quoting mlogsdon:

Not at all the same. I'm embarrassed by how full of myself I was. I actually was very smart, but just because I read about something doesn't mean I'm an expert.

Still trying to learn to keep my mouth shut on topics I have no experience with lol. Hasn't clicked yet.

Quoting StarryRain:

Quoting mlogsdon:

k9l1c5
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I've learned that I am an idiot because I can't think of anything I have learned o.O

ShireeCS
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I've learned to never give up
StarryRain
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Lolz!

Quoting k9l1c5:

I've learned that I am an idiot because I can't think of anything I have learned o.O

StarryRain
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Amen.

Quoting ShireeCS:

ShireeCS
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Just when I was about to give up great things started happening!

Quoting StarryRain:

Amen.

Quoting ShireeCS:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:51 AM
To me myself and never apologize for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)