Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you do...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
  • 22 Replies
For your babies 1st birthday???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Small party with family and a smash cake
Texa5
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I just bought him a cake and let him go at it. My husband had just deployed and I was moving back to my home state with a friend. I was exhausted from the move and didn't have much time to plan anything major.

k9l1c5
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM

My baby hasn't turned 1 yet but we are going to do a small party at home with family, her bday is in August so we will cookout and have a real cake and a smash cake.

Kaylabella
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:05 PM
I'm trying to get ideas on what to do for my daughters in may... Some people go crazy like pony rides and all that but is that too much?!?!?! Yes she won't remember but it's her first birthday! Help!!!
mlogsdon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Small party with family and a smash cake

This, except  with close friends instead, since DH is military and our families are farrrrr away :)

mlogsdon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Quoting Kaylabella:

I'm trying to get ideas on what to do for my daughters in may... Some people go crazy like pony rides and all that but is that too much?!?!?! Yes she won't remember but it's her first birthday! Help!!!

That's overkill. I had snacks, sidewalk chalk and a kiddie pool/sprinkler set up for some of the older kids. They had fun. We got great pictures. He won't remember a bit of it ;-)

mlogsdon
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Quoting k9l1c5:

My baby hasn't turned 1 yet but we are going to do a small party at home with family, her bday is in August so we will cookout and have a real cake and a smash cake.

What's the day? My ds's birthday is August 3rd, he'll be 2 :)

brittany208
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:16 PM

threw a birthday party with friends and family in our backyard. It was a ton of fun

Kaylabella
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I'm thinkin ill jus go crazy on the decorations! There's only gonna b 2 mb 3 other kiddos at the party... I gotta get doing something way over the top outta my head! Thanx ;)

Quoting mlogsdon:

Quoting Kaylabella:

That's overkill. I had snacks, sidewalk chalk and a kiddie pool/sprinkler set up for some of the older kids. They had fun. We got great pictures. He won't remember a bit of it ;-)

SpnFulOfSugar
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Ds1 had a huge party, literally 100 people. Rented a moon bounce and a bounce maze. Had a clown, and catered lol

Ds2 family and close friends, a clown and pizza

Ds3 close family and friends only, went bowling and had a cake lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)