Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hubby changed his mind...now I am upset!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 3 Replies
Okay so I have a 2 year old daughter and I have a 4 week old son. Before hubby and I got married we discussed having children. I wanted a large family because growing up it was just my brother and I (until I was 18 and my parents had another son)when I say large I mean 4 children not like 12 or anything lol. Well my husband said he wanted a small family because his while life it was only his brother and him and no other kids. We decided to compromise and decided 5 years ago that we would have three children. I had my heart set on three after the compromise was set into motion. It was difficult trying to conceive our babies. I was told a month after we got married that I was starting to go into menopause (I was 21) and that there was a slim chance I would never have children. Well it only took us 8 months to get pregnant with our daughter and we started trying to concieve our second child when our daughter was 5 months old and it took 11 months to get pregnant with our son. I know there are a lot of women who aren't as fortunate as I was but to us it was trying and took a toll on our relationship and our hearts. We lost two babies in the process of having our two living babies. Anywho, after our son was born my husband decided to tell me that we were done! I am not allowed to have my tubes tied (his rule because he doesn't want me to have to go through another surgery). I wasn't planning on having our third child for a few more years (until our son was like 3 years old). I am really annoyed and feel awful that he broke our compromise. I talked to him about it and he thinks it is humorous and keeps making jokes about how he is going to accidently "knock me up" or I am going to "trick" him into another baby. Which isn't true! I would never be that dishonest with my husband. I am just so torn. I had my heart set on 3. I am praying he changes his mind but I am not sure he will. I am only almost 25 and don't want to be done raising babies. I know it sounds weird but I love the night time feedings, changing diapers, making bottles, giving baths, etc. part of being a mommy. I didn't have the time to even enjoy my pregnancy this last time around :( I didn't get to do any of the special things for my son like maternity photos, 3d ultrasounds, etc. Sorry I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening ladies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
k9l1c5
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he will change his mind again? I hope so!

MamaPeanut
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Give him time, you still have a baby right now.

He may want another in some time also. :)

And good for you for both being honest with each other.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mollymae09
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Just relax and go with it. Stop worrying about the final number and enjoy the two little ones you have now. Once your baby grows up a bit, he might realize he wants another.

Or you might realize you really are happy with just two.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)