• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you with 2 kids

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 20 Replies
How hard was it when you had your second baby, since you were so used to having just one?

I'm pregnant with my second and I'm super nervous. My 18th month old DS is such a handful... I don't know how I'm going to do it with 2! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deputygirls28
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Didn't have an issue. My oldest was 3 though and knew that there was going to be another baby from the start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Ruby Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
It wasn't no where near like having my first. My oldest was almost 4 and was already in a routine. The baby stuff came second nature. I was able to use what I knew from having my first to help our family create a routine. I remember being pregnant and crying all the time because I was so scared. But when I had him and got home it felt so normal. You'll be fine mama! Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VictoriousTory
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I just had a baby and I have a 20 month old who is a very very very... busy... little guy... and somehow I am handling it. Its not easy all the time but you make it work! I was super nervous too... still am. Congrats!!!! :D 

Serenitymom
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I have three, each two years apart. When my second was born, I made sure DD1 was very involved in helping baby sister. But it might be different with boys I dunno lol. For DD1 birthday while I was pregnant, we got her a doll so while I was taking care of her sibling, she'd have her own baby to "take care of". Also, DD1 got to help put diapers in the trash after I changed DD2, DD1 got to help hold the bottle while I fed DD2. And when DD2 was on the floor with tummy time, DD1 would lay on the floor with her and they'd laugh at eachother. Keeping him involved with the sibling would make him feel included, that way he wont feel he has to lash out to get attention. Also, while little sibling is down for naps, do things with your son one on one so he doesn't feel like he's lost all the attention he used to get.

ProudMommy51006
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:49 PM

It was a shocking transition for me. Harder than I expected. Much harder than the adjusment with my first. I never have been good at multitasking though... I also got terrible post partum depression after my 2nd. 

Aujonfire
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:11 PM

My 1st was 13 months old when my 2nd was born. I prepared for the worst and hoped for the best. It really depends on each kid. My daughter was extremely difficult from day one but my son (my 2nd) is a piece of cake. Aside from my daughter still learning what "be gentle" meant, haha, she caught on pretty quick. Plus you are so busy the time goes even faster.

Aujonfire
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Oh and I had PPD after both.

Snapdragon88
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM
I have two... but they're 4 years apart so it's not hard. Good luck! :) You can do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:16 PM
It was definitely an adjustment, but it wasn't that bad.
MamaPeanut
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM
It took some time for the adjustment. I'm so glad my dd was already 5 and more independent.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)