Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I have been thinking about this for awhile and I think I want to be one for my fiance's aunt.  She is unable to have children and has always wanted one.  She is 50 now so I don't know if she would want to do that but I want to give her that option.  I haven't talked to my fiance about yet because I don't know how he would react.  I want to be able to give her the precious gift of a child. She is such a wonderful woman and I fell in love with her the first time I met her.  I just don't know how I would bring the subject up to my fiance, he loves his aunt to death (she is his favorite aunt) but I think he would have reserves about me carrying a child for someone else.  Has anyone on here been a surrogate mother?  Do you know the process and do you have any advice on how I would bring this up to my fiance?  I wouldn't want any kind of payment just for them to pay for the doctor's visits and the expenses.   (They are very wealthy so I doubt money for the expenses to be an issue)

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Replies (11-12):
KeiraRose
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Wow that's awesome! Wish I had some advise to offer you but you're an amazing person for even considering doing something like that for someone else. Here's a BUMP! for you.

CafeMom Tickers
unspecified42
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been a surrogate several times before. I don't think there's any special way to bring it up with your husband other than just doing it and seeing what he says.

At fifty, its unlikely that she would be the egg donor, so you would need to decide whether you would find an ehh donor or use yours. The process will depend entirely on that element, your state, and how you want it to go, really.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)