Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 weeks... =D *sorry kind of long

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

So it has been brought to my attention in another post that I haven't been properly updating you ladies and what's been going on with me. I recently found out I was pregnant with baby number 2. It's been a very difficult pregnancy and I've already spent two weeks in the hospital on a drip and on several medications after being labelled with severe hypermesis after being picked up by an ambulance at my MIL's house because I was basically living in the bathroom and couldn't get myself off the floor due to severe dehydration and my body went into starvation mode. I also vomited so much I damaged my esophagus and was also vomiting blood.

But, good news is the amazing nurses that I had were able to get me under control and now I'm doing much better, though still having to take several meds to keep from getting sick again. I even had a scare of Easter and spent my whole Easter in the emergency gyne ward getting anti-sickness injections all because I ran out of meds and my GP didn't think I needed a refill. Well, now I have my refill lol.

I recently got to see the baby which I was terrified about because of all the meds and how sick I'd been. I was worried there would be something wrong with him or her. BUT everything looks great! Baby is perfectly healthy and very active!

Sorry so long...

by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firsttimer612
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Happy to hear everything is going a bit smoother for you :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
msmizuki19
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Congrats momma sorry about the hardship.
bchic24
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Thank you!

Quoting firsttimer612:

Happy to hear everything is going a bit smoother for you :)

bchic24
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Thank you and it's alright, just glad everything is ok now! I figure it will all be worth it in the end when I have another little bundle of joy in my arms!

Quoting msmizuki19:

k9l1c5
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Yay! Congrats! Hopefully the hypermesis wears off or backs down a little.
bchic24
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you, hopefully lol. It didn't really with my son so I'm not getting my hopes up lol.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Yay! Congrats! Hopefully the hypermesis wears off or backs down a little.

msmizuki19
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
True story :)

Quoting bchic24:

Thank you and it's alright, just glad everything is ok now! I figure it will all be worth it in the end when I have another little bundle of joy in my arms!

Quoting msmizuki19:

Mihapka
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Awwwww, girl!!! I am soooo so sorry that you've been so sick! I went through that exact same experience! Living in the bathroom, couldn't hold down anything, losing weight rapidly, throwing up blood, and having to be put on an IV several times. It's awful! I read online while this was going on that if you get sick like that, it's more likely to be a girl because its due to extra hormones. I don't know how accurate that is, but it was 100% for me. Don't be surprised if it is a girl! But good for you for making it through. It is very rough. And your baby looks beautiful (:
bchic24
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Oh my mommy instinct is definitely pointing towards girl. I was sick like this with my son too but not AS bad! lol Hubby is hoping for a girl so he would be thrilled and I wouldn't mind a little hair bow model all my own! So far the nub and skull theory point to girl as well and so did the Ramzi theory and ALL the old wives tales. So if baby isn't the universe is playing a cruel trick lol. Honestly, I'm happy either way as long as I get a healthy baby in the end!

Quoting Mihapka:

Awwwww, girl!!! I am soooo so sorry that you've been so sick! I went through that exact same experience! Living in the bathroom, couldn't hold down anything, losing weight rapidly, throwing up blood, and having to be put on an IV several times. It's awful! I read online while this was going on that if you get sick like that, it's more likely to be a girl because its due to extra hormones. I don't know how accurate that is, but it was 100% for me. Don't be surprised if it is a girl! But good for you for making it through. It is very rough. And your baby looks beautiful (:

Mihapka
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Listen to your instinct! I couldn't decide because for some reason my fiancé decided early on that it was a boy, so I guess I just went along with that because he was so adamant! But when I found out she is a girl, I was just thinking "duh. I should've known that. I got so sick and had so many signs." They say that it's all the extra estrogen from the girl that makes you sick like that. All I know is that I do not ever want to go through that again! No one tells you it can be that terrible. And you get so worried about your baby ): scary! Oh, and if it is a girl, you will have so much fun picking out clothes. That is my favourite part! Dresses, bows, etc. I don't think I've ever heard of the Ramzi theory, what is that?

Quoting bchic24:

Oh my mommy instinct is definitely pointing towards girl. I was sick like this with my son too but not AS bad! lol Hubby is hoping for a girl so he would be thrilled and I wouldn't mind a little hair bow model all my own! So far the nub and skull theory point to girl as well and so did the Ramzi theory and ALL the old wives tales. So if baby isn't the universe is playing a cruel trick lol. Honestly, I'm happy either way as long as I get a healthy baby in the end!

Quoting Mihapka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)