Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What would you do if you were me?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM
  • 39 Replies

I have an issue with my husbands manager and  here's why.She's always talking about wanting to kidnap our daughter. This bothered me but didn't feel I should say anything in fear I was just being an overprotective first time mom but the other day we are talking to some of his co-workers after he got off of work. I go to the bathroom and leave my daughter with my husband. When I come back our daughter is gone and my husband is talking to a friend. I ask him where she is and he looks around and says " I let Lisa hold her. She was just here." We look all over the building for both of them and they are nowhere to be found. At this point I'm freaking out thinking this woman just kidnaped my baby. We look out in the employee parking lot before we call the cops and there she is smoking with my baby on her hip talking to her boyfriend. I just about flipped shit on her but instead I walk up and take my daughter without saying a word and we left. As we left I told my husband as calmly as I could that if she ever so much as looked at our daughter again I was going to kick her ass, to this he said nothing. Then today he comes home and say this "I have great news. We have a babysitter for Friday night." When I ask who this person was he tells me it's the woman who took off with our daughter the other day. I go off on him and tell him it'll be a cold day in hell before I let that woman around our daughter again and he gets pissed off at me and storms off. Was I wrong for saying she wasn't allowed to watch our little girl?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShelMama
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
No I would be the same way as you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aodom323
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Wow I wouldn't let her near my child either.  

angel_eyez
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Is your husband stupid? I agree with you completely. First off she disappeared then you caught her in another area. Plus she was smoking. Wth? Then you say never again and he hires her as a sitter?...lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mama2my2boys
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:18 AM
heck no you wernt wrong for saying that! and if my husband got mad because of what i said, i would sit his ass down and expalain to him how fucking crazy people can be! even if you "know" the person.....dont let the women around your baby...ever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 12:30 AM
I've joked about stealing friends' kids away before, all completely teasing. She was serious though? I would stay away from his work and keep your dd home from company events.
KeiraRose
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Quoting angel_eyez:

Is your husband stupid? I agree with you completely. First off she disappeared then you caught her in another area. Plus she was smoking. Wth? Then you say never again and he hires her as a sitter?...lol
Well I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks he's stupid... I love him to death but he must be brain dead...
CafeMom Tickers
polkaspots
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:07 AM
Dude, I've been a smoker for years. I would never smoke while holding a child. I would never leave one of my kids with someone who smoked right there. Add that to the fact that she didn't even bother to tell you where she was going with your child and I have no idea why your husband would not get your anger. My husband does things like that too sometimes, so I know what you mean. Some things seem so obvious to me and he just doesn't see the issue. It gets easier as time goes on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeiraRose
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I'm a smoker as well but I refuse to do it around children. I go as far as having special smoking clothes that I change into before I go smoke and change out of before I enter the same room as my daughter I also wash my hands and brush my teeth. My husband thinks I need to get over it. She apologized and promised to never do anything like that again, I usually get over stuff quick once someone apologizes but when it comes to my child you fuck up once and you're done.

Quoting polkaspots:

Dude, I've been a smoker for years. I would never smoke while holding a child. I would never leave one of my kids with someone who smoked right there. Add that to the fact that she didn't even bother to tell you where she was going with your child and I have no idea why your husband would not get your anger. My husband does things like that too sometimes, so I know what you mean. Some things seem so obvious to me and he just doesn't see the issue. It gets easier as time goes on.

CafeMom Tickers
Delila12
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:35 AM
No. She wouldn't be with my daughter either.
ShireeCS
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Nope I would not let my child around this woman again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN