Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was your best friend (not including family or SO) in the room when you gave birth?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Was your best friend (not including family or SO) in the room when you gave birth?

Options:

Yes

No

No, but another non-family member was

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 42

View Results

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Replies (21-30):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:42 AM
No, but I would have been fine with it. Next time around I hope to have a lot more people to keep me company while I labor.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:40 AM

The only person at the time that would have qualified as my best friend that was not family was not in the room when I gave birth. DF and my dad were. My mom and sister wanted to be there but my sister was in the National American Miss pageant at the time of her birth.

_MommiiNina_
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM

DH is my best friend. i don't really have "friends" outside of work or home.  thats why i have CM. but i had my mom and my dh in the room.

erin708
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM
No. Her dh is army so she's across the country. But my sil(who is basically my sister) was there for both my births. She's also a l&d nurse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM

No. It was just dh and the midwife when I had my daughter. We knew she was already gone and I didn't want anyone in there but DH when we had her. Our son was born premature and there were so many people in there (nicu stuff and the like) that there really wasn't room for anyone else besides DH.

kayteebug93
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Just dh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sailorchu
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Nope, she was at work! Haha. Otherwise, she would have been. And my labor went by so fast that by the time she could leave work, I already had DS.

I had DH, my mom and MIL in the room with me. I wasn't sure about having MIL in the room but she ended up being an amazing help while my mother just kept hiding in the corner to cry, lol.

Aujonfire
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:48 PM

If my friend lived nearby I would've offered, but it was just my husband and my mom for both of mine. My mom was in there more to take pictures and chit chat before things got bad. I relied on my husband for support.

gingerprincess
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I didn't have anyone I was that close with when I had my boys, but my next baby my Wifey will be there.

TempestRayne
by Donna on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
nope.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)