Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C/Section Scared!!!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 39 Replies

Hi , Im Having A C/Section On April 9th And Im Very Scared. This Is My Frist Child And He's Breached . Just Wanted To Know What All Happens And How Bad Does It Hurt AfterWards?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leila1986
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:51 AM
My daughter was breech,so I had to have a c section. It's really not as bad as I thought it was going to be. You will be sore don't get me wrong. I hurt more when I would laugh or cough. My hubby went out and got me a heating pad and extra pillow that I held up to my stomach for pressure when I had to cough. The spinal isn't bad with the worse part is the numbing shot but it just feels like a bee sting. Good luck dear! It will be worth it when you hold you baby!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
I didn't have a csection but I wanted to wish you luck! I'm sure it will all be fine. Hopefully you'll get lots of good feedback. Hugs!
QuirkyMom26
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I remember having to lay on a very skinny ' board ' - like bed on my side while they injected the needle to numb me. That was kind of scary because I felt I couldn't control my contractions so I didn't move during the injection. Eep. On the table during surgery there was a lot of flopping back and forth. My mom kept looking at me crazy (she was there with me) and asking me ' do you feel that ' ... of course nothing! The aftermath, for me, was HORRIBLE.  I was in bed for days and getting up from a flat down position was absolute hell.  That's all I really remember.

1987MomOf3
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Its always a little nerve wracking going in. I three kids of my own all of which were delivered by C-Section and in fact my second child was also breached.  Im not going to lie the epederal does its job for the pain but the whole procedure is very uncomfortable. You may not be feeling pain but the doc. and nurses will be pushing and pulling and tugging it feels like anyways. You will pretty much constantly feel pressure from them pushing the baby down so the baby gets far enough for them to be able to pull him/her out, and when they do pull the baby out its the weirdest feeling ever like a heavy tight feeling of baby to it feeling like a light jello-e flabby feeling. Cant really describe it. lol. All my doctor said about my son being born breached was he never wanted to have to ever do it again. Afterwards since its your first yes pain is terrible for the first 2-3 days but  gets better and easier to move around. I was up walking around like normal just slowly and carefully by the 3rd or 4th day after but everyone is different. Congradulations & Everything will be fine, dont be scared.  

agrisham13mom
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:26 AM
I have had 3 csections they are not bad! I was up walking as soon as the anastesia wore off, and out of the hospital in 2 days and out shopping at the babies r us for the last minute things I always seem to forget. Good luck!
BabyDonald2013
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Thanks Girls, You Guys Helped Me Alot Maybe It Won't Be To Bad And Thanks Again

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:36 AM
It takes a while to heal. Remember to pee, even though you won't feel like it. When you get up you will feel like your insides are going to fall out. They won't. Have no fear. Walk when you can, rest when you can. It will be OK.

As far as the c-section itself I slept through most of mine. But to be honest I was exhausted anyways. I could feel their hands and lots of movement in there but I didn't feel a bit of pain.
smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Oh. And hold a pillow over your belly when you cough or sneeze.. Very important.
BabyDonald2013
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Thanks For All The Info Girls And Another, Did Anyone Use A Binder Around There Stomach Or Is Pillow Best?

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:51 AM
A c-section can be scary at first, it is major surgery and that can be scary. I had a c-section 7 months ago with my first. It was not a planned c-section either. I had already labored for 16 hours and pushed. During the actual c-section you can feel no pain, just pressure. It feels like they are tugging at the skin up by your ribs, it is weird. After the epidural wears off the next day, you will feel like you had surgery. I had bruising and pain down at my incision site. The doctors told me to start walking the halls less than 24 hours after the procedure. I thought they were crazy, but slowly started getting up and down and took a shower. As crazy as it sounds, the sooner you are up and moving the better you feel faster. Oh and the pillow works best. I didn't use a binder and I'm not sure what exactly that is, but constant pressure on your staples will hurt (bring baggy pajamas to wear) but the pressure during laughing, sneezing, coughing just helps hold everything in place so your stomach does move too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)