Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Hi , Im Having A C/Section On April 9th And Im Very Scared. This Is My Frist Child And He's Breached . Just Wanted To Know What All Happens And How Bad Does It Hurt AfterWards?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Replies (31-39):
NikkiMisfit
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM
This is all dependent on your situation. I had a c-secion with my second and it was the worst experience of my life. I had to have a blood transfusion before the c-section and two iron infusions after. It was awful. To top it off, my s/o at the time couldn't stay with me. So, he took our older son as often as he could to help me out. I'm allergic to tylenol and aspirin, so they prescribed me straight codeine, which made me feel completely off my rocker! You're lucky in the fact that this is your first child. That makes it easier because you'll only have a newborn to look after. I will give you one piece of advice I was given, but didn't listen. Push yourself to move around while you're in the hospital. That's when you have the help. Don't wait until you're being sent home or you're going to be miserable for longer. Take your pain medication as prescribed. Don't choose to not take it if you're not feeling any pain yet. You don't want to have to feel pain while you wait for it to kick in if you don't have to.

~*~ Nikki ~*~

"Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself." ~Harvey Fierstein

My Blog: www.dearnikki.com

xomrs.chase
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Its not so bad. All I felt was pressure. Just take it easy after and allow yourself to heal.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BabyDonald2013
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM

said three to four days

BabyDonald2013
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:53 AM

thanks girls

Babygirl9609
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:56 AM

My son was breech too! Idk if it's the same for everyone (probably not) but when I went into the hospital ready to have my baby they started by poking me with a fat ass needle..huge too!  (on my back) then they took me into the delivery room. They shaved me cuz I wasn't shaved lol...then they just tied my arms to the sides and covered the front....then of course they started cutting me. It feels so weird! I just felt a lot of pressure and a lot of moving...and it was cold....after maybe 15 or 20 minutes my baby came out! Then I heard the machine when they were closing me back up. I was sooooo sleepy. I did get to see my baby cuz DF showed him to me. Then they took me away to another room to rest and so they can wait until I can feel my legs....of course I didn't but It was about 2 or 3 hours that I was there already so they took me to my room. Then, they asked me if I was going to breastfeed and I said yes. So they showed me how to do it and I fed my baby for the first time. After maybe 2 days they told me to try and see if I could poop..it hurt so bad!!!! it hurt just to even get up! I went home after 4 days. And let me tell you...it was hell. It hurt to even laugh. I was in so much pain once I went home. I needed a lot of help just to get up. Idk how long the pain lasted. Maybe I was good after 2 months.

Babygirl9609
by Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Oh yeah I don't know why the hell I didn't get vicodin prescrbibed but that helped me out A LOT when I was in the hospital. That stuff is strong cuz it would take the pain away like that! Make sure they prescribe you something so you won't suffer at home. Like I did! :(

MommyMarcoux
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM

No advice here, but I want to wish you luck and a quick recovery.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 7, 2013 at 10:29 PM

People take c-sections lightly a lot of times, but they are major abdominal surgery!  I was in a lot of pain after because I let my pain meds wear off before taking more, so my biggest advice is to just stay on top of the pain meds for the first few days/week.

It's good to get up and walk, some women do it right away but it took me over 24 hours.  Everyone does things in their own time and pace!  Just don't do too much, too soon or else you will hurt yourself.  After 2 weeks I thought I was ok enough to clean my house and I really hurt myself!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Charliesmommy11
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Ask for a belly binder before you leave ! It helps so much with getting up and down and just in general for the first two weeks post op.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN