Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

struggle with being a parent.

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM
  • 42 Replies
1 mom liked this
To all mothers out there, i just want to ask, what is the most challenging thing about being a parent.I'm pregnant with my first child and i think about all the possible challenges a child brings.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
igotheart
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:24 AM
Lack of sleep will probably be the hardest thing to adjust to in the beginning. Feelings from 1-5am are no joke lol but if you have help
definitely utilize it! Good luck :)
Tay06
Amazing life <3
Yesterday at 10:26 PM
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this

The whining.  I have never been a kid person, and honestly, the only kid I can stand is my own now, but when he whines it's the most irritating thing ever.  I tell him "if you whine about it, you're definitely not going to get what you want. If you tell Mommy or ask Mommy about it, then you probably will get what you want.  Your choice."  The whining has decreased substantially.  Thank God!

September2013
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:30 AM
My nephew is the same way! My sister is in the process.of breaking that now.. As we speak.

Quoting Tay06:

The whining.  I have never been a kid person, and honestly, the only kid I can stand is my own now, but when he whines it's the most irritating thing ever.  I tell him "if you whine about it, you're definitely not going to get what you want. If you tell Mommy or ask Mommy about it, then you probably will get what you want.  Your choice."  The whining has decreased substantially.  Thank God!

September2013
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:31 AM
That is going to drive me crazy.. This seems to be the only thing i can think of too. I will have lots of help.. (:

Quoting igotheart:

Lack of sleep will probably be the hardest thing to adjust to in the beginning. Feelings from 1-5am are no joke lol but if you have help

definitely utilize it! Good luck :)

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:00 AM
3 moms liked this
They might very well have every fault you have and push every button you have at some point or another. You will have to pull patience out of thin air when you are convinced you used up the last of it the day before. Basically you are forced to confront every shortcoming you have and somehow rise above them for the sake of this tiny despot who makes horrible smells.

And yet, it's all worth it. Parenting is terrifying and will challenge you in ways you can't even imagine right now. You will have days when you feel like giving up. But there is no feeling that can even come close to the joy of hearing, "I love you Mommy!"
raye-chan
by Raye on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I try to not focus on the struggles. In the beginning it does suck. The lack of sleep is really the worst. Instead of focusing on the negative, focus on the positives <3 It makes things easier. 

mollymae09
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 5:59 AM
You will face sone of the hardest days of your life... some you would NEVER have imagined happening to you.

But then you see your child and you just push through and keep going
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

As much as some days can be hard or frustrating, at the end of the day you look at this child that you created that is perfect and it is all okay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lashea727
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:44 AM
My hardest thing is having support from family caused half to take care my kids by self. Also I half to deal with my kids too. So that's is hardest thing too.
Nicoles2LilRams
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:55 AM

The first 6 months our first child was alive were also the worst 6 months in our relationship.  I thought we were going to break up, the baby was collicky, wouldn't sleep at night, I was exhausted 24/7, everything made me cry... definitely a case of baby blues thrown in there.

BUT things got better.  We both finally adjusted to our new roles as parents, baby started sleeping more at night, things got easier and easier.

With my second child, his first 6 months or so were like a movie about the perfect family lol.  He slept well, daddy helped out more right from the get to (he knew what he was doing that time around), big brother adored baby brother... pure bliss.

So, just remember, every baby and every mother is different.  You may struggle for awhile or you may find mothering to be the easiest most natural thing in the world.  Either way you'll feel a love you never expected. 

Oh, and we're almost always more patient with our own kids.  MY SIL doesn't understand that either lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN