Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To Go Or Not?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hey ladies. I needed a little work advice. I have been contemplating leaving my job. I work in daycare and love it. Love it. I just am done with the drama and the bs that goes on. Let me explain.

I started my job in September in the infant room (which I was not used to since I had always worked in toddlers) and I'll admit made a few learner mistakes. My boss thought maybe it would work better if I tried toddlers instead. They moved a toddler teacher into the infant room and me into toddlers. The head teacher in the toddler room should of been fired honestly. But since she had been there a year and slightly before our boss started, I took the blame for her mistakes.

It is now April. I have picked up pace and worked harder. I made sure to do things on my own and double check everything. I always cover myself. I have been on final warning since 4 maybe 5 months of being there. Honestly, one of those write ups was not something I should of been blamed for. But hey. My boss has talked me recently and told me what a great job I have done. How I have really improved.

Yet when I do a minor thing wrong. She brings up old issues and my final warning and how she is trying to work with me. I feel like she has not got passed our rocky beginning. I feel like she wants me to quit because it's easier than firing me. She makes a big deal out of the small stuff I mess up on. Yet when a co worker cursed at 2 yes 2 of my toddlers...they did nothing. She was moved from our room to make lunch instead. Another co worker bitches constantly about the head teacher and nothing happenes. I feel like because we had issues before, that she just assumes I am wrong.

Should I suck it up  or just look for a different job? I just cannot always be in trouble for silly stuff when others get away with bigger stuff.

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NikkiGross42
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I would look for other work options find one that you like. Write a long letter along with your resignation and deliver it to your boss.

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Honestly, you are going to find drama wherever you go. If you can stick it out for a year and then find another daycare to work in, the year would look better as previous work experience than 6 months.

mlogsdon
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 3:41 PM

I would sit down with your boss and have a real good chat. Explain what you have been doing, and the fact that you have gotten comments from her about your improvement, and ask what you can do to help everyone move past the rough start. If it's been handled already, it doesn't need to be brought up again unless you keep making the same mistakes. Also let her know that you feel it's unfair that the head teacher lets you take the fall for her mistakes. If it's just that the boss doesn't know, she needs to. If it's a favoritism thing, that's unacceptable. 

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:11 PM
This. I also wouldn't suggest taking the blame for others next time.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Honestly, you are going to find drama wherever you go. If you can stick it out for a year and then find another daycare to work in, the year would look better as previous work experience than 6 months.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I would too

Quoting NikkiGross42:

I would look for other work options find one that you like. Write a long letter along with your resignation and deliver it to your boss.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)