Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms
How do I keep from being so tired all the time? I wake up and can barely open my eyes for 30 minutes... I am constantly feeling like I'm falling asleep all day. Coffee doesn't help either. Blah. I am tired of being so completely exhausted!! Anyone have any remedies for extreme fatigue?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Replies (21-24):
Emmasmommy52212
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:48 PM
It can run in the family. I think i have it but i havent been checked for it.

Quoting MommyLehr:

Ohh that would suck. My dad has really bad sleep apnea... He said that even with his machine he doesn't feel any better!

Quoting Emmasmommy52212:U might have sleep apnea. My mother has it and it makes her extremely tired all the time. She uses a cpap machine and takes medication to help her stay awake during the day.

Quoting MommyLehr:Idk lol Dh says sometimes...

Quoting Emmasmommy52212:

This might sound weird, but do u snore? No joke, being serious.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlogsdon
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I have an issue with this, and had my thyroid removed. My dosage was incorrect, and I had to raise my dosage, and stopped drinking all caffeinated beverages. I used to drink a TON of coffee, but was always exhausted. It took a week or so to feel normal after I stopped drinking coffee, but I don't get that exhausted feeling anymore. 

If you haven't had your thyroid hormone levels checked, I'd suggest that as well when you see your doc :)

Sunny2morrow
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Yes, work out.

I know it sounds counter productive, but no. It actually will boost your metabolism and energy. Its kind of crazy how much energy it will give you once you get past those first few weeks. Plus, you'll look better =) 

MommyLehr
by Silver Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM
I'm I'm already going to to ask about it. My mom recently found out she has a thyroid disorder. So she's been buggin me to get checked out.

Quoting mlogsdon:

I have an issue with this, and had my thyroid removed. My dosage was incorrect, and I had to raise my dosage, and stopped drinking all caffeinated beverages. I used to drink a TON of coffee, but was always exhausted. It took a week or so to feel normal after I stopped drinking coffee, but I don't get that exhausted feeling anymore. 

If you haven't had your thyroid hormone levels checked, I'd suggest that as well when you see your doc :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN