Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 9 Replies
How often do you say "I love you"? To your kids? Spouse? Parents/siblings?

Do you think saying it too often makes it less meaningful?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I say it probably half a dozen times a day to DS. We even have codes that mean ILY so we can say it in silly secret ways in public.

DH and I say it every time we talk on the phone or someone leaves the other for the day.

I say it when I talk to my sisters, grandma, or mom but only say it once a year with my dad. I think my dad and I sort of have our own way of saying it though. Usually through teasing or him nudging me as he walks past. Loo
Lol
k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this

We say it everyday... I don't think it makes it less meaningful at all. I prefer to say it all the time so that my loved ones really know that I love them :).

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM
DH's family never said it while he was growing up so it took him some time to get used to it, but now he is a convert.I would hate it if I found out later it was my last conversation with him or my family and I hadn't told them.

Quoting k9l1c5:

We say it everyday... I don't think it makes it less meaningful at all. I prefer to say it all the time so that my loved ones really know that I love them :).

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Yeah exactly! That's what I'm always thinking about, if this is our last conversation :/.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

DH's family never said it while he was growing up so it took him some time to get used to it, but now he is a convert.I would hate it if I found out later it was my last conversation with him or my family and I hadn't told them.

Quoting k9l1c5:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

xomrs.chase
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Ds/dh every day.

My parents aren't very lovey lovey. I dont think we say it enough. Like, it feels strange when my mom says it
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Kids- at least once an hour, lol.

Husband- many times a day
Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Kids and husband-- too many times a day to count.

Siblings- maybe once a month. Depends on how often we talk.

Dad- maybe once or twice a year?
Mom- ummmm, never.
brittany208
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM

We say it alllll the time. I don't think its the amount that makes it less meaningful. I think if you are saying it just out of habit or routine or without thinking about it--then it becomes less meaningful. But if you really mean what you say and show it, then I don't think so.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:57 PM
Kids and husband multiple times a day
My dad hardly ever. Maybe once every couple years.
My brother, a couple times a year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)