Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Productivity when the house is quiet.

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM
  • 16 Replies

My 10 year old son is at his little league with Dad.  10 month old baby girl and 2 1/2 year old sister are both napping.  I just can't find the motivation to do anything productive... dishes, laundry, etc.

How many of you moms get in this situation and just sit there instea of being productive?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Me me! Lol. My kids are gone til tomorow. I just went shopping and should be doing something now. Just sitting on the couch watching tv.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexis6879
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Glad I am not the only one.  I am a full time working mom and my husband is a SAHD.  Unfortunately he just doesn't know how to keep up the house along with the kiddos so more often than not, I am taking care of everything during the weekend... But I just don't want to right now. haha.

Hanab818
by Hana on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope I'm lazy when they are awake. When the nap I get to clean without someone screaming at me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM

This lol.

Quoting Hanab818:

Nope I'm lazy when they are awake. When the nap I get to clean without someone screaming at me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

Aujonfire
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:39 PM

Lol I'm faced with this right now. I never get to eat or rest unless they are both sleeping so it's a rare treat.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to use nap time as my quiet time. You need downtime too. Sometimes you need a chance to just shut down and not be responsible for anything. Take the time while you can mama!

Rolltidemom28
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I'm so guilty of that. But with as much stress as I go through on some days.... I figure i deserve the break. I usually clean while she's napping or sleeping though.

MamaCryss20112
by Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM
I do this sometimes, and when they are up thats when i get the urge to clean everything.
But i need the break at times. It fills so good to just take a breather.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I do this all the time!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NikkiMisfit
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:41 AM
1 mom liked this

That's been me all the way tonight! I did make some cupcakes for my son's little birthday celebration tomorrow, but nothing else. I was going to get some cleaning done, but instead I just sat at my kitchen table on here. So, I finally gave in, put on my pj's, and now I'm still on here while I'm in my bed. HA! Sooooo productive, huh? At least the cupcakes are made. I just have to frost them in the morning. I would have done it tonight, but the frosting had to chill overnight. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)