Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Sports Vent!

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
So my kids have been in a number of activities, but right now their main one is soccer. I understand that everyone has a bad day but this has gotten ridiculous. My youngest DDs coach is newly pregnant and having morning sickness. She has been just not showing up to practices, and even hung up on another parent before our Saturday game because her morning sickness was so bad. If she cannot handle the responsibility then I think she should step down as coach. Every parent on the team is paying for this league and its so unprofessional how shes conducting things.

Do you think us parents as a collective unit should go over her head to the league?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:58 PM
If it has been a consistent problem then I would go over her head.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Have the parents gotten together and talked to the coach about? I would suggest that first and if you get no where with that then I would go to the league.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
She told us after the game Saturday that her morning sickness was too bad. She refuses to give up her position or set up another situation. We tried talking to her but she would not budge

Quoting TS9509:

Have the parents gotten together and talked to the coach about? I would suggest that first and if you get no where with that then I would go to the league.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I would go over her head immediately.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

She told us after the game Saturday that her morning sickness was too bad. She refuses to give up her position or set up another situation. We tried talking to her but she would not budge

Quoting TS9509:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
erin708
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I would have already done it. That's not acceptable. These sports aren't cheap to be wasting the kids time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TS9509
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I agree! If you have tried to talk to her and she is that inconsiderate and knows that her morning sickness is an issue it needs to be handled by the league.

Quoting MamaPeanut:

I would go over her head immediately.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Quoting TS9509:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN