Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Being a mom

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

I was sitting at the table with a note pad in front of me. My husband was giggling. We were talking about grocery lists and why I could never remember what I needed on the list. I told him because I can't remember 5 minutes to the next 5 minutes. And I explained it to him...

I cook and see were out of something, Make a mental note (Don't know why I do this, I should wirte it down immediately seeing as I'm not going to remember it) And later on I go to write it down what it is I was missing/ran out of or what have you. So....I sit there......And look at my note pad and think of things I was doing or cooking to try and remember what I ran out of. For instance...

I made chicken....we have chicken. Wasn't that.....We have salt and pepper.....and lunch meat (chicken reminded me of lunch meat) lunch meat reminds me of bread which reminds me of mayo, we have all that (By this time I'm looking around the kitchen to see what it is I'm missing) and then the mayo reminds me I have to do laundry so off I go to do the load of laundry (Mind you I'm explaining all this to my husband) He busrts out in laughter as to HOW mayo reminded me of laundry and then I explained to him, Lunch meat bread and mayo, Make sandwich for the kids, Kids get messy eating lunch which reminds me of laundry.

I start a load of laundry, Come back in the house and try to remember......What was I just doing? I stand there for a minute and smell that one of the kids has a dirty diaper.....So I change the diaper...Upon changing the diaper I notice I need to vacuum.....So off I go to vacuum.

So basically by the time everything is said and done, its 11pm at night, My grocery list still isnt even started, and then I remember.....Pancakes. I needed more pancake mix and flour. So.......I make a mental note.......to write it down.....on a pad of paper.

And the cycle continues.

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pancake.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this
Everyone needs pancake.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Thats what im sayin

Quoting pancake.:

Everyone needs pancake.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM

The fun of a permanently altered mommy brain.  I have lists and notes everywhere but i put them somewhere safe... Apparently that safe place is even safe from me since i can not remember where i put the paper.

pancake.
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Covered in syrup, on your table...hot and waiting for you. Ya kno?

Quoting ilovecandy:

Thats what im sayin

Quoting pancake.:

Everyone needs pancake.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Ohhh yes I have this same problem. You know I made a list to take to the doctor to talk about a few concerns......wouldnt you know it i couldnt find it. Lost my mortage statement, thankfully im online with them as well so making a payment was no problem. i found that statement 2 months later though. Mom brain stinks.

Quoting frndlyfn:

The fun of a permanently altered mommy brain.  I have lists and notes everywhere but i put them somewhere safe... Apparently that safe place is even safe from me since i can not remember where i put the paper.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I keep hoping I'll get my brain back someday. I'm not holding my breath.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I have learned the hard way the more kids I have the worse it is

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I keep hoping I'll get my brain back someday. I'm not holding my breath.

ShireeCS
by Shiree on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:14 PM
This made me laugh I'm like this at work an start typing my grocery list in an email!
Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Sounds like my life! Haha!
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:10 PM

happens EVERY time. i sit there, take mental note and....well...there goes that. if im at my computer i should just type it in an email. knowing me i woul dmental note it again

Quoting ShireeCS:

This made me laugh I'm like this at work an start typing my grocery list in an email!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)