Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is anyone else trying to quit

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
  • 11 Replies
Is anyone else trying to quit smoking? I have decided that I am going to quit and it is going to work this time. My daughter is nearly four and has figured out what smoking is (yes, I know this is my fault). Any time that I go out side (i DO NOT smoke inside) she asks me if im going to smoke and no four year old should even know what smoking is. I have to do this not only for her but for me too. Im looking for someone else that may be trying to quit that wants to be like a support buddy if you will. Also, any advice or support would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:01 PM
That's one of the best gifts you could give your daughter or yourself. No advice, just encouragement. Hang in there mama! You can do it!
EmsMama311
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:21 PM

i quit 6 months ago cold turkey. the main reason was my boyfriend was with me when i was smoking and he said he didnt like it he hated the smell. so i gave him my pack and said take it i quit. i have a daughter but she never knew. i used to smoke when i would go out or at night and come home and take a shower right after. good luck mama its tough but you'll feel better :)

ShelMama
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I quit in May 2011 when I found out I was preggers!! Best decision I ever made.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShireeCS
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Good luck I have never smoked but have lots of family that do.
Miss5ft4
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I am starting to quit as of tonight. I'm not real sure how I am going to accomplish this, but it is looking to be most likely cold turkey. Like you, I do NOT smoke inside, but my 5 & 4 year old know what happens when I go outside. SO has begged and pleaded with me for a while to stop, and we had a long heart to heart about it on our monthly weekend away trip this last weekend. I will be more than happy to be a support buddy for you, if you will for me :) that's what being mom's is all about: "i'll scratch your back, if you'll scratch mine" LOL

awagstaff3
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM

I am wanting to quit. I have tried several times. I have only been smoking about 2.5 years. My four year old says the same thing when I go outside too! I want to quit, one time I went about a day without smoking, but I hate that feeling. I just cried and cried for no reason. So I want to quit but I am nervous as to how my depression will be affected. But I need to quit soon though as my fiance and I are going to start TTC next month! I wanted to quit by my wedding, but it is two weeks away! I will be your quit buddy if you want! If anything I can give you encouraging words! 

Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Good luck! I've never smoked, but I just wanted you t know, that are amazing for doing this!
AvonCrystal
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I am trying too.  My dh smokes so that makes it hard but I want to quit mainly for my daughter.  I'd gladly be a support buddy.  Good Luck!

mlogsdon
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I quit in December 2010 as soon as I found out I was pregnant. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I'm trying to quite myself I am trying so hard I just can't seem to do it long term so I just keep trying to quit my DH smokes and so does most of friends so that makes it harder I do go outside my DD is two and really don't want her to kno anything about it and I never want to hear her say www mommy smoking bad or anything like that I'll be ur support buddy if you'll be mine good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)