Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I need help!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM
  • 14 Replies
A young girl that I work with found out she was pregnant a few months ago. Her mother and grandmother offered to throw her a shower with the stipulation that she understood that they wouldn't be getting her anything. I feel horrible as this girl busts her butt but still works an entry level job. I talked to another coworker today and we agreed to go in together and buy her a baby swing. I suggested that we also do a little basket of stuff that people might forget. What were your must haves? I'm the oldest of 8 and my youngest brother is only two years older than my son so I didn't have to buy much.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamarama333
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM
Plain white onsies. Aquaphor. bottle cleaner. Bottle drying rack. I would walk through Target or Walmart and look for little things that you know you needed.
Mommy4-27-08
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Could you do a diaper cake so it has diapers, put binky's, baby socks, washclothes, things like that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I would really just buy her as many diapers as possible. If she breastfeeds then that would be her biggest expense. Would she be open to cloth?

KimTaylor76
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Baby lotion and soap and such. I didnt realise how fast id go through it! Lol and clothes that are bigger than newborn sizes, people get so excited to buy someone the adorable tiny clothes that you get like a hundred nb onesies that theyll outgrow and like sevenof every other size lol
laurenryan
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM
You are all right. Thank u ladies.
awagstaff3
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Baby bath stuff, desitin for diaper rashes (it would be good to have on hand for just in case purposes) and maybe just little things that go along with baby care stuff.
aodom323
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

diapers are a must have, make sure they are size one and up, bigger than newborn clothes, binkies, if she is breast feeding get her breast pads and things to store the milk in.  You can also put like a $20 gift card in there to wal-mart or somewhere so she can get something she is missing.  Oh another thing you can do is if you run across any kind of coupons on diapers or anything baby related is to give them to her so it will be less of an expense, I know babies r us constantly has diaper coupons.  Baby towels and washclothes are also nice nobody really got me those for my baby shower.

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM

That is so sad. Bless your heart for doing that for her. I think diapers, bottles, onesies, socks, blankets, baby brush, baby wash, the SWING was an AWESOME gift to get. Good luck and have fun!!!

Mommyof2114
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Also a 100 Target card would be ideal as well. That way she can get formula or whatever she needs for the little one. Maybe you can round up some co-workers and do that.

kristy319
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Nail clipper and booger sucker..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN