Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Omg I freaking love this guy!

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:27 AM
  • 11 Replies
Where I work, we sell lottery tickets, including scratch-off's. My state does a ticket entry online for points, but its only the non-winning tickets that you are allowed to enter in. The employees of where I work are not allowed to gather up tickets to take home to enter in online, so some of our regular customers keep their non-winners for us. Then they bring them in to us, or leave them for us in our cars. I enter them in also, but haven't been able to for quite a while because I had so much going on. I was just giving mine to my other co-workers.

Now, on this site, they have everything, from music downloads, to dishes, to weedeaters, to flat screen HUGE tv's, to diamond earrings and laptops! And its all free!!! No shipping, no handling, no nothing! It's freaking awesome! Anyway......

There is this guy that hangs out all the time at my job. He is VERY good friends with the owner ( the owner pretty much considers him his adopted son, even though this guy is YEARS older than the owner ). He would always save me a small bag full of tickets, just enough to get me through a month. Well, because I haven't been entering them in, I told him he didnt' have to save them up for me anymore. He said okay, and that was the end of that. For months I never asked him for a single ticket, even though I had gotten quite a bit of stuff I needed from entering them in.

I realized today that I have a whole day to do what ever I wanted, and I decided that I would enter in some tickets again. I went into work tonight, and saw this guy. I asked if he had any extra tickets, and he said he didn't know. I told him okay. A couple hours later, he came over to me, and asked for my car keys. I figured he had a small bag of them collected up, and I gave him my car keys. He came back in just a few minutes later, and gave me back my keys. I told him thank you, and worked my shift. When me and the other girl left, and I got out to my car, I almost shit myself!

There was a whole BOX of nothing but non-winning scratch off tickets in my car!!!! This box is at least a foot and a half deep, by at least two feet wide!!!!!! I never expected him to give me that many tickets, ever!!! Not even when I was entering them in daily! No one knows that he gave me this huge box of tickets, and he has made me promise him not to tell anyone that he gives them to me, and I haven't, nor will I. There is so much stuff on this site that I need ( like new dishes, new cutlery, new weedeater ) that I don't have the money to be able to go out and buy, that I can now get, FOR FREE, thanks to him!!!!!!! Omg I don't know what to do to thank him for this!

I know it may seem small and trivial to most of you, but it means a lot to me that he would do this. He isn't the easiest of people to get along with, nor is he the nicest of people, and for him to do this, well, its the equivalency of him saying * hey, I like you and your a friend of mine. *.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bookoholic
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Wow, happy for you.
Alchemist_Momma
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Thanks!

I know that a lot of people will think me stupid for being so grateful over some dang tickets, but hey, when you see something that you NEED that you can get for free, when you don't have the money for it, you take the opportunity to get it for free.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Wow, happy for you.
Bookoholic
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Trust me I know, I currently live in a shelter, so I know lol.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Thanks!

I know that a lot of people will think me stupid for being so grateful over some dang tickets, but hey, when you see something that you NEED that you can get for free, when you don't have the money for it, you take the opportunity to get it for free.

Quoting Bookoholic:

Wow, happy for you.

Alchemist_Momma
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Then you understand! I mean I work yes, but I'm barely making ends meet as it is, and I don't have the money for new dishes, or new cutlery, or a new weedeater, and these are things that I NEED, not just some frivilous items that I suddenly decide that I want.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened for you to have to live in a shelter?

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Thanks!

Quoting Bookoholic:

Wow, happy for you.

Bookoholic
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:06 AM
Short of the long my dad hit my son and left welts, it became an unsafe environment for us.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Then you understand! I mean I work yes, but I'm barely making ends meet as it is, and I don't have the money for new dishes, or new cutlery, or a new weedeater, and these are things that I NEED, not just some frivilous items that I suddenly decide that I want.

If you don't mind me asking, what happened for you to have to live in a shelter?

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Thanks!

Quoting Bookoholic:

Wow, happy for you.

tawni_tav
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Wow, awesome!  Congrats!  If he's dateable, and well, you're single, I would really suggest maybe trying to give him a date!  He seems to really like you, and if you two hit it off, maybe ask him out?  :)  I don't know, but that's a more than friends gesture if you ask me!

Alchemist_Momma
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:18 AM
Oh wow......

Is your son okay now?

That's scarily similiar to what I have going on now with my parents. Although my parents won't hit my DD, they hit me, and they know where to hit to not leave marks. I have tattoos all over my arms and shoulders that have dark ink, and bruises and stuff won't show up because of the dark ink. I'm stupid for not leaving, I know. The only reason that I'm still here is because I know when I leave, that she will loose everything : the house, her car, her insurance, everything, because I pay all the bills but the house payment. I'm too good-hearted to do that to her, even though they treat me like shit.

I'm glad that you and your DS are out of that environment. How old your is DS?

Quoting Bookoholic:

Short of the long my dad hit my son and left welts, it became an unsafe environment for us.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Thanks!

Quoting Bookoholic:

Wow, happy for you.

Alchemist_Momma
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:20 AM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! lmao!!!!!!!!!

Dating this guy is SO out of the question!!!!! He's like......late fourties to late fifties. I'm not sure. Plus he's married. That's just.....ick!!!! Lmao!!!!!!

Quoting tawni_tav:

Wow, awesome!  Congrats!  If he's dateable, and well, you're single, I would really suggest maybe trying to give him a date!  He seems to really like you, and if you two hit it off, maybe ask him out?  :)  I don't know, but that's a more than friends gesture if you ask me!

Bookoholic
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:23 AM
He's fine, I took him out to mcdonalds at that time lol. He's four, honestly I would call shelters to see if they have a program like the one I am in, five months rent free apt to help get me on the right track and into my own place.

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Oh wow......

Is your son okay now?

That's scarily similiar to what I have going on now with my parents. Although my parents won't hit my DD, they hit me, and they know where to hit to not leave marks. I have tattoos all over my arms and shoulders that have dark ink, and bruises and stuff won't show up because of the dark ink. I'm stupid for not leaving, I know. The only reason that I'm still here is because I know when I leave, that she will loose everything : the house, her car, her insurance, everything, because I pay all the bills but the house payment. I'm too good-hearted to do that to her, even though they treat me like shit.

I'm glad that you and your DS are out of that environment. How old your is DS?

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Quoting Bookoholic:

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

Thanks!

Quoting Bookoholic:

Wow, happy for you.

tawni_tav
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Eeek!  Okay, I didn't know that, I take it back.  Haha!  But he seems really nice.  Buy him a bottle of wine?

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! lmao!!!!!!!!!

Dating this guy is SO out of the question!!!!! He's like......late fourties to late fifties. I'm not sure. Plus he's married. That's just.....ick!!!! Lmao!!!!!!

Quoting tawni_tav:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)