Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Hair pulling time *Vent*

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 10 Replies

Im sorry but I need to vent some where before I lose my mind.....

My husbands mom is way too much into our life and he just tells her everything that goes on with us. She has to know why he post things online and why Im not at work. How to raise our son and when we should potty train him. HE ISNT READY AT ALL!!!  I really dont like that she knows everything about our life. It makes me scared to say anything to my husband because I can be almost certain his mom will know. Ive tried asking him not to do it and he said yes he will stop but when I turn around he is back at it. She calls him over three times a day and gives him the third degree bout his day. She makes me so mad and I dont know how much more I can take of this. I married him not him and his mom. Someone please tell me im not alone with this mother in law crap.

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erin708
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM
He needs to cut the umbilicul cord.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnlsmommy
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Yup this, it's his fault at this point. Or maybe have fun with it- like say you read a great study about how it's not appropriate to potty train kids until at least first grade. See what she has to say to that! Lmao!

Quoting erin708:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM

He needs to have a talk with her... he is a grown man now. I think it is fine she calls him and wants to talk but she doesn't need to know every little thing about his life anymore.

AvonCrystal
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 9:55 PM

I had the same problem.  We were together for almost 6 years before he finally stopped and realized that our business is our business not his whole families business.  (for me it was his sister and his mother)

MissAlly89
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Totally with you on this. I don't think he respects you. This really bothers you, and you've asked him to stop, but he keeps persisting.

Quoting erin708:

caseyjo1030
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:25 AM
DF is the same way with his great grandmother (only in her 70s not 100s like you would expect lol) except he doesn't call her but we are always at her house.... I don't mind a day or two a week but we are there almost every day! My mom has gotten upset because we go over there so much and she doesn't get to see our son unless df is at work... I finally put my foot down and told him we weren't going over there every day and that we were going to see my mom more often lol he tucked his tail and agreed ...
TempestRayne
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Well, let him have his mommy. I'm a spiteful person, so i would be all like "awww, is mummy's widdle baby gonna tell him momma about his big mean nasty wife and how she doesn't do what his mummy wayw she qhouls? awe, poor widdle baby boy to be picked on by the great big grown up adult wife!"
kbear1992
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I'm 21 and my df is 23 we have been together for 4 years and I'm now 36 weeks pregnant with our first baby... Sadly we don't have the financial ability to be on our own (we do pay rent and our own bills such as our phone bill, and cars/insurance, we also pay some of the utilities for the house) anyways we share a little bed room and our baby will be sharing with us. But she knows EVERYTHING it bugs me soooo much how much she knows about our finances and I'm already scared to see how she's going to be when our baby comes (it's her first grandchild as well) so we are in for many fights I think..
Navywifetk
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM

This 100%

Quoting erin708:

daytonbaby210
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 11:44 PM

I don't have that problem with my mother in law it is my father in law instead but he will be locked up soon so I try not to worry to much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN