Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Absences?????

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:55 AM
  • 13 Replies
I got ds' report card yesterday and he has 16 absences?!? We started a new school and he didnt get the number on his report card, so I had no idea how many days hes missed. Im going to talk to the principal this morning. I think he might fail because of his absenses :( please say a prayer he doesnt have to repeat 1st grade bc of this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrimsonGrace
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Were any excused? Why did he miss so many days?
mrsledford09
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:02 AM
He only has 5 that are unexcused, from what Im seeing. Just the normal, dr visits, dentist, he was sick and throwing up for a week.

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Courtney610
by Courtney on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:05 AM
Only 5 unexcused? That seems like an awful lot. Did you need to provide Doctor's note, and didn't?
CrimsonGrace
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this
When he goes to the doctor or dentist, get an excuse...or just make the appointment for after school. I guess what puzzles me is you act surprised by this information, like you didn't know he missed that many days?

Quoting mrsledford09:

He only has 5 that are unexcused, from what Im seeing. Just the normal, dr visits, dentist, he was sick and throwing up for a week.

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

mrsledford09
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Every time ds has missed, I have provided a note or drs excuse. I dont know what happened to the 5 supposidly unexcused days. 2 of the unexcused he was checked out after 2 pm. We were going out of town to see my grandfather who had a heart attack and stroke (2 different times in the year).

Quoting Courtney610:

Only 5 unexcused? That seems like an awful lot. Did you need to provide Doctor's note, and didn't?

mrsledford09
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I got a note every time I went to the doctor or dentist. Both the doctor and dentist that takes our insurance is an hour away. By the time he got out of school the places would be closed I didnt have a choice.

I did not realize he missed so many days.

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

When he goes to the doctor or dentist, get an excuse...or just make the appointment for after school. I guess what puzzles me is you act surprised by this information, like you didn't know he missed that many days?

Quoting mrsledford09:

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

CrimsonGrace
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:45 AM
I understand the insurance thing. Jut was confused if you didn't know because if split custody or something. If he had doctor's excuse, they have to count those as excused. Maybe someone just didn't put it in the system?

Quoting mrsledford09:

I got a note every time I went to the doctor or dentist. Both the doctor and dentist that takes our insurance is an hour away. By the time he got out of school the places would be closed I didnt have a choice.

I did not realize he missed so many days.

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

Quoting mrsledford09:

Quoting CrimsonGrace:

erin708
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:54 AM
The days he has appts do u keep him out all day or take him out early?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TempestRayne
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:46 PM
16 days is a little excessive.
ChancesMommy07
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 3:53 PM

That is a lot of absences. Here they get 5 excused absences a semester. Anything after that is unexcused and truancy gets involved. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN