Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

spoiled baby??? as people would say

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 17 Replies
My 3 month almost 4 month cries majority of the time I put her down.so there are always task delayed because I can not see her cry for so long. Like yesterday I had to keep doing intermission to pick her up but as soon as I lay her down she cried again. Even with the musical toys I had in her bed. People say she is like that because I breastfeed her while other said because I won't let her cry it out. What advice can you give me???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cnlsmommy
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:57 AM
I would baby wear!
Firenygirl180
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM
It is not because you breast feed. Try wearing her. My soon hag to be moving constantly at that age. I would put him in the bouncy chair and set him next to me while i did dishes and bounce him when he started to fuss.
mom2astar
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Baby wear cool I would look that up

Quoting Firenygirl180:

It is not because you breast feed. Try wearing her. My soon hag to be moving constantly at that age. I would put him in the bouncy chair and set him next to me while i did dishes and bounce him when he started to fuss.

mrsbrand
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM
I'm with the other mommas on this, baby wear. Get a good wrap and wear her while you're taking care of stuff. She's used to being close, its a biological norm to want to be close to mom when they are this small and helpless.
aodom323
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I doubt it is because you breastfed.  I would think she is to little still to cry it out.  What worked with my son was putting him in his rocker or swing.  I would also lay his boopy pillow on the floor and lay him in that with his womb bear playing behind him.  

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:43 AM

It's not from breast feeding. It's not because you don't use CIO (neither do I). It is their age, my daughter was/is the same way. She just turned 8 months and is just now learning that when mommy leaves the room she is not gone forever. I babywear, and suggest you do to. That's how I get things done around the house when she wants held. You want to make sure you get a carrier that provides ergonomic support. Here are a couple good and affordable carriers... infantino union carrier, infantino mei tai. Both of these provide ergonomic support and the mei tai is at BRU, so if you get that make sure you use one of their 20% off coupons. There are other carriers which cost more like the ergo, beco, boba etc. I have an ergo and an infantino mei tai. The ergo is similar to the infantino union, but the union is way cheaper. 

pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:46 AM
I'm not sure cuz this is how my son was(still is lol)my 3 daughters were complete opposite! They nursed,slept and went potty. They were never fussy or anything! I guess for me its a boy thing?? I don't know!
FoxTales
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM
My son was like this. He is now 20 months and a total mama' boy still, but he does play independently very well now. You can't spoil a baby that young... She is so little yet, she doesn't know intentions. I agree with the other mamas: baby wearing is your best bet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
You CANNOT spoil a baby.

They cry for a reason, the baby just be more sensitive than others and needs more physical contact.

I highly suggest baby wearing. It saved my sanity and my kids were happy as could be!
mom2jasper
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM
My son was never fussy the rare times I put him down. So I don't think it's possible to "spoil" a baby by holding them too much. When you need to get things done, try swaddling the baby and putting him/her in a swing or bouncer. If that doesn't work try baby wear. I was terrified of those slings when I has my son, but I would try them with my next baby if I ever get pregnant again
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN