Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need good book ideas

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM
  • 24 Replies

I am in search of a good book to read. I just got done reading the "Fifty Shades of Grey" series. Loved them. So I was just hoping someone might have a good suggestion...

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpurgeonMom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM
i am reading a series by Leslie Meier the Lucy stone mysteries. They are all about a news reporter Lucy stone who solves mysteries in her small town. i'm hooked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tcm_mom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I just finished reading The Hunger Games. I know it been out for a while but it was really good. I'm about to start the next book in the series.

A friend of mine is really into the dom/sub thing and loves the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy by Ann Rice.

Also if you like the murder mystery I would suggest The Women's Murder by James Patterson. Also the Rizzoli and Isles books are really good
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katiecat87
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Quoting tcm_mom:

I just finished reading The Hunger Games. I know it been out for a while but it was really good. I'm about to start the next book in the series.

A friend of mine is really into the dom/sub thing and loves the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy by Ann Rice.

Also if you like the murder mystery I would suggest The Women's Murder by James Patterson. Also the Rizzoli and Isles books are really good

Yea, I have read "The Hunger Games". I also loved those books. I hadn't been into reading like I used to, then a friend told me I should read both of these series and I am back into wanting to read books again.

leanntx
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM
What genre do you like to read?
tcm_mom
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I know its a little behind the fad but have you read Twilight? The books are way better then the movies.

Quoting katiecat87: 
Quoting tcm_mom:I just finished reading The Hunger Games. I know it been out for a while but it was really good. I'm about to start the next book in the series. A friend of mine is really into the dom/sub thing and loves the Sleeping Beauty Trilogy by Ann Rice.Also if you like the murder mystery I would suggest The Women's Murder by James Patterson. Also the Rizzoli and Isles books are really good
 Yea, I have read "The Hunger Games". I also loved those books. I hadn't been into reading like I used to, then a friend told me I should read both of these series and I am back into wanting to read books again.

katiecat87
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Quoting leanntx:

What genre do you like to read?

Pretty much anything.

leanntx
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:45 PM
If you like sci-fi/romance, look up Christine Feehan's Dark Series and Ghostwalker Series. Also look up Sherrilyn Kenyon, her books are a lot like Christine Feehan's, but involve Greek mythology in the story lines. They both have a LOT of books for each series, so you definitely won't be lacking in reading material if you enjoy them!
momtodab
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Not really like 50 shades of grey but I read A lot of Beverly Lewis books. (she has like 70+ published) There fiction and about Amish families. Pretty good stories. Kinda like little house on the prairie. Easy to get into. 

theosgirl45
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Sookie Stackhouse books; Aurora Teagarden Books; and Harper Connelly Books- all by charlaine harris.  I loved them.  I also really like V.C Andrews.  Dean Koontz, John Saul and Stephen King are my favorites.  The Odd Thomas books are amazing(dean koontz).

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

dereksmom09
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Providence trilogy, Beautiful Disaster
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)