Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Turning 21 and it will be my first full night away from my son!

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 20 Replies
First of all I'm nervous to go out. I'm leaving my baby with my mom and step dad and he is fine with them. But it's a different house and not his crib. We did take a vacation and he was ok sleeping there so I suspect he will be perfectly fine. Just first time leaving jitters especially since he's so attached to me lately.
And secondly I am not huge on the whole getting trashed thing. I feel like since I'm a mom I just shouldn't get that drunk. But since its my 21st and I only get one then I should.
Oh the life of the mom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HeathLaw22
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

My DS was a little over a year when I had my 21st and I left him with my mom for the night, it was my first time leaving him overnight somewhere. I only had a few drinks, I didn't want to get trashed, just because it is your 21st really doesn't mean you should. I had fun out with my friends and that is all you should worry about, but you will have your son in the back of your mind all night, I called my mom like four times while I was out to check on him. He did way better then I did with out him, and I bet your son will do the same.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I was pregnant when I turned 21 (it's how old I am now) and still have never gotten trashed even though I'm not breastfeeding. I never wanted to get trashed even before having kids, maybe I'm weird but that's just me. I like to actually be coherent. I understand though you feeling anxious about leaving your son, I haven't ever spent a night away from my baby yet either, hoping I won't have to for awhile.

GremlinMom
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

WTF would you feel you SHOULD get trashed on your bday? Thats ridiculous.

MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Happy Birthday!  You don't have to get trashed, but go have a good time and at least get a good buzz.  I don't see a harm in that.  You're a mom, not dead! :)

I always have a rule of thumb though...if something happens to the baby sitter and you have to get back to your son, don't be so drunk that you wouldn't be able to take care of him!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

JMCorbin84
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM
I'd feel the same way & I think it shows how responsible u feel towards ur ds that u don't want to get trashed. Just remind ur friends that u do have to function tomorrow so ur going to stop after a few drinks. The 1 night I managed to go out w my friends who didn't have kids (left dd w a sitter) I drank enuf to knock out an elephant & then bawled for 2 hours when I got home bc of how guilty I felt bc I was so drunk I couldn't even pick dd up for fear of dropping her (she was sound asleep but I still felt like shit).
emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:03 PM

he'll be fine. enjoy your night

TempestRayne
by Donna on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:01 AM
if you don't want to get drunk, then don't. You don't have to. Doing it just because it's your 21st is like going off and sleeping with six or seven guys on your 16th birthday (or whatever age you are legal in your area) just because it's your 16th birthday and you only get one.
NESmith63
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM
The first night we tried to leave my son overnight we went to visit some old friends about an hour away. Another friend drove us (can't remember why we didn't drive) but anyways, we were going to stay the night there and come home in the morning. Around 1am DH and I couldn't sleep. We wound up leaving a note, taking a cab home, and picking up our son at my moms house at 2:30am!
mashton2612
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:10 PM

its my 21st and i dont go out. if i do i go hard theres no shame in that. the next day my fiance is taking care of him anyway. thats our deal. all my friends get eachother trashed on their 21st. other than the 21st its not like that. 

Quoting GremlinMom:

WTF would you feel you SHOULD get trashed on your bday? Thats ridiculous.

mashton2612
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

just to let everyone know i am going to get trashed on my birthday. my baby is fine and if something happens my fiance is the dd so hes not drinking at all and will be able to take care of our son if need be. i doubt anything would happen. hes a 7 month old who gets into stuff yes, but he knows what no means as in be cautious and back away or look up at me and know im serious. 

plus we have family all over that can jump up and do something if need be. 

i only turn 21 once and i love my son to pieces but my birthday is still my day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)