Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Gun owners?

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 70 Replies

Anyone here a gun owner? Or do your SOs have guns? We just went to the gun range today for the first time in like a year, it was so relaxing. Shot some clay birds and some handguns. We went with SIL and her husband.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiredme
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:18 PM

My dh does.  He wants me to get a conceal carry permit but I have never fired a gun.  I want him to teach me and make sure I am good before I get a permit.  (which I likely still wouldn't conceal carry but I guess it's better to have the ability if I did decide to)

beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:19 PM
1 mom liked this
We have guns :) I haven't been out shooting in a while, though :( We're hoping to go one of these weekends when DH doesn't have to work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Does he belong to a gun range? He should definitely teach you before you carry. I also want to get my conceal carry permit but don't have it yet. We just bought a new smith and wesson that we actually fired for the first time today at the range, as soon as I am comfortable shooting it and find a holster that fits me good then I am going to get my conceal carry permit.

Quoting tiredme:

My dh does.  He wants me to get a conceal carry permit but I have never fired a gun.  I want him to teach me and make sure I am good before I get a permit.  (which I likely still wouldn't conceal carry but I guess it's better to have the ability if I did decide to)

I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I know the feeling not having time to go. We were supposed to go last weekend but something happened that our plans got cancelled. So glad we finally got to go this weekend though, we both definitely needed it.

Quoting beadingmom17:

We have guns :) I haven't been out shooting in a while, though :( We're hoping to go one of these weekends when DH doesn't have to work.

tiredme
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM

We both know I need to go shooting and get comfortable.  He just wants me to get the permit before they change the law and I can't get one.  He doesn't go to a range, his mom lives in the middle of nowhere so they set it up so he can go shooting on her property. (Before anyone gets worked up about that.  He was a Marine and is now in the National Guard and he also teaches weapons safety and shooting for his regular job.  He is experienced and always makes sure things are done 100% safely).

Quoting k9l1c5:

Does he belong to a gun range? He should definitely teach you before you carry. I also want to get my conceal carry permit but don't have it yet. We just bought a new smith and wesson that we actually fired for the first time today at the range, as soon as I am comfortable shooting it and find a holster that fits me good then I am going to get my conceal carry permit.

Quoting tiredme:

TheJs
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM

You have to pass a shooting test before they give you your conceal and carry.

Quoting tiredme:

TheJs
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

We own guns. I prefer shooting with my bow though.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Oh I didn't know these new laws would affect getting a permit, that's a good point maybe I should look into that sooner than I had planned.

Quoting tiredme:

We both know I need to go shooting and get comfortable.  He just wants me to get the permit before they change the law and I can't get one.  He doesn't go to a range, his mom lives in the middle of nowhere so they set it up so he can go shooting on her property. (Before anyone gets worked up about that.  He was a Marine and is now in the National Guard and he also teaches weapons safety and shooting for his regular job.  He is experienced and always makes sure things are done 100% safely).

Quoting k9l1c5:

Quoting tiredme:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a big fan. =P

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Lol, hence your screenname ;)... we were lookin at AR's before the school shooting happened too :/ We're probably never gonna see one now.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I'm a big fan. =P

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)