Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

hubbys ex.

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM
  • 16 Replies
Okay.. we just moved from north carolina to Iowa because hubs got iut of the military. We moved her because hubby has 2 kids here that live with their moms. Ages 10 and 7. So now all (we have 2 kids of our own and are currently pregnant) the kids be together. Thats the bwck story okay...
Hubbys son, who is the oldest.. has a mouth and an attitude on him that could stop a heffer in heat. His mom does not disciplin at all. She has 2 other kids. Her youngest is 4.. and he is.. as awful as it sounds.. is the spawn of satan. If he doesnt get his way he says screw you or you can kiss my hairy white ass bitch! He is 4!!!! And he gets in trouble and try to expain to him that he did was wrong he says you cant tell me what to do, your not my mom, so shut up!!!! The little girl thiugh keeps to herself and is quite.

We are currently living with hubs parents till we close on a house, which we should be out by june.

Lets call hubbys ex Abby.. well. When she comes to pick up their son every other weekend she doesnt just stay for a few minutes to chat. She stays for hours bull*^*^ing with hubs mom. Which at first I thought was weird.. like they talk like high schoolers. But then I thought okay they have been doing this for years so I got over it. What I can not get over though is while she is here so are her other 2 kids. Which I wouldnt have a problem with.. if her youngest wasnt abusive towards the otner kids and wasnt so god awful dissrespectful. We try correcting him but he just ignores us. And the one time.. hubby spanked him becuase he was doing somethubg naughty and hubs told him to stop and he said "screw you" and stuck his tounge out at him. So hubby spankednhim. Which then pissed of abby and she flipled. How dare you spank my child and disciplin him.. blah blah blah. So hubs said. Get over it, your apoarently noy doing your job and disciplining him, so he is disrespectful and abbusive to others.and that shut her up.

Im just venting. I know we only have another month or 2 to deal but man.. ughhhhh I pulling out my hair.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Breathe in. Breathe out.

Hang on for a couple months til you move out. Then everything will be fine. Because you can meet at a NUETRAL location for pickups and dropoffs, or she can drop them at your place, and all that chatty nonsense goes away.
Then your DH can discipline how he sees fit. As she has absolutely NO control over how you two parent that child during y'alls visitation. Your DH has the final say.
Nicole050411
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Lol I keep telling myself that. A lot. But ughh.. like.. ss got mad about something his dad said and dtormed upstairs and when told to come down stairs he ignored him and slammed his door shut.. hes almost 11! And his mom was like.. I tried teaching him manners, but itjust didnt take... really?! Wth kind of excuse is that lol

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Hang on for a couple months til you move out. Then everything will be fine. Because you can meet at a NUETRAL location for pickups and dropoffs, or she can drop them at your place, and all that chatty nonsense goes away.

Then your DH can discipline how he sees fit. As she has absolutely NO control over how you two parent that child during y'alls visitation. Your DH has the final say.

smurfbitebug
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Yeah that's when SS gave DH a lot of issues. That was his "I hate you for what you did to my mom" stage. (His mom cheated on DH and then took off with SS. But that isn't the story he heard and we'll be damned if we talk shit like she does)
DH had to draw a very hard line. For a very long time. And eventually, it settled down to the point where he just quietly seethed and wasn't disrespectful anymore. But once he was quiet, he noticed things were different here. He was treated with respect. He was part of the family. And that's how DH got his respect.

Quoting Nicole050411:

Lol I keep telling myself that. A lot. But ughh.. like.. ss got mad about something his dad said and dtormed upstairs and when told to come down stairs he ignored him and slammed his door shut.. hes almost 11! And his mom was like.. I tried teaching him manners, but itjust didnt take... really?! Wth kind of excuse is that lol

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Breathe in. Breathe out.

TempestRayne
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 7:47 AM
sounds awful.
Nicole050411
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Well... hubs and abby dated jn high school and shewas living with him and his parents and she got pregnant.. well after the baby was born rumors started circulating that the baby wasnt his, that she cheated on him. So he confrontex herand she finally spilled, the baby wasnt his. But by this point his name was already on the birth certificate and the bio dad wanted nothing to do with the baby. So hubby is dad to him. Ya know. Which makes me see him as such a stronger person for doing.
But we dont have that "I hate what you did to mom" stage. Because ss never saw himmom and dad together. Ever. And he knows that dad isnt his bio dad,

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Yeah that's when SS gave DH a lot of issues. That was his "I hate you for what you did to my mom" stage. (His mom cheated on DH and then took off with SS. But that isn't the story he heard and we'll be damned if we talk shit like she does)

DH had to draw a very hard line. For a very long time. And eventually, it settled down to the point where he just quietly seethed and wasn't disrespectful anymore. But once he was quiet, he noticed things were different here. He was treated with respect. He was part of the family. And that's how DH got his respect.

Quoting Nicole050411:

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Breathe in. Breathe out.

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I can definitely understand why you're having a hard time with the situation. It sounds incredibly frustrating. I wish I had some advice for you, but at least you'll be gone in a little over a month. Yay!

I do have to agree with the neglectful mother about your hubby not spanking other peoples' kids though. That kind of crossed a line. Now, she crosses a big line by hanging around for hours with her badly behaved beasties, but since she's really a guest of your MIL it's kind of not something you guys can do anything about.

Yay for getting out soon though! lol

Nicole050411
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Well see, shes not consudered a guest though, and hubs dad spanks her kids also. And she dont care.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I can definitely understand why you're having a hard time with the situation. It sounds incredibly frustrating. I wish I had some advice for you, but at least you'll be gone in a little over a month. Yay!

I do have to agree with the neglectful mother about your hubby not spanking other peoples' kids though. That kind of crossed a line. Now, she crosses a big line by hanging around for hours with her badly behaved beasties, but since she's really a guest of your MIL it's kind of not something you guys can do anything about.

Nicole050411
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Well see, shes not consudered a guest though, and hubs dad spanks her kids also. And she dont care. I dont think its crossing the line though. If they arent considered a guest and you know them. Then I feel that if their chi, d is dissrespectful to you in your home that you have the right to take action. Just like if my kids are at a friend of the families house and they are being naughty and disrespectul, the can take proper action.

Yeah we go look at a house tonight hopefully!!! Wooo lol im so jn love with this house just by the pix. Lol icant wait to see it in person.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

GirlWSemiAuto
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this
I would not be happy if someone else spanked my child without so much as a by your leave, so I can understand why she was upset about that. GL with the house! The sooner you get out of there the better.
Quoting Nicole050411:

Well see, shes not consudered a guest though, and hubs dad spanks her kids also. And she dont care. I dont think its crossing the line though. If they arent considered a guest and you know them. Then I feel that if their chi, d is dissrespectful to you in your home that you have the right to take action. Just like if my kids are at a friend of the families house and they are being naughty and disrespectul, the can take proper action.

Yeah we go look at a house tonight hopefully!!! Wooo lol im so jn love with this house just by the pix. Lol icant wait to see it in person.

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

StarryRain
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM
If my husband or my husband's new woman spanked my child that wasn't his, I'd flip out, too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN