Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Accidental pregnancies

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM
  • 41 Replies

Is anyone proud their child is an accident, like you brag about the fact that they just happened? SIL has four kids and aparently all of them are accidents, and she pretty much brags and thinks it is really funny. Both of my kids were planned though for some reason no one believes DH and I that we planned both pregnancies. I feel really upset that people think my children were accidents, and when people say things about them being accidents I get really offended. I have actually gotten in a family memebers face and yelled at them about how no matter what if they were planned or not no child is an accident, they are all blessing's and should be treated as such. I personaly believe if you get pregnant on accident that doesn't make your baby an accident, because you choose to keep your child on purpose, even if you are against abortion there is adoption. And even if you don't agree with me, why would you think being proud of having an accidental pregnancy would be okay?

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ambermarie2006
by Amber on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:41 AM
2 moms liked this
Why does it matter to you? Not your kids or life. I think its a bit childish you have gotten in peoples faces yelling about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:44 AM
2 moms liked this

We did not plan to get pregnant with dd, but I never in no way shape or form ever thought she was an accident.

aodom323
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM
3 moms liked this

We didn't plan my son but if people ask I say he was a wonderful surprise 

young-mommy10
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I think i would say it was an accident I got pregnant with my first when I did. (Getting pregnant was accident, i took proper precautions, they failed) But he himself is not an accident, just came earlier than I expected/planned for my life :) regardless I wouldn't change anything for the world now. If I could do-over I'd want it to happen same way again.

Our second was mostly planned, we decided we would add to our family, thinking it would take a few months. We got pregnant right away lol

I am happy and proud to be the mom of two amazing boys. I would never ever call them accidents. They are here and I love them to death.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeathLaw22
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I have when they have called my child an accident. Not when they are calling their own.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Why does it matter to you? Not your kids or life. I think its a bit childish you have gotten in peoples faces yelling about it.

jtsmommie0104
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

My DS was unplanned but I have never ever called him an accident. He's the most amazing blessing that has come into my life...even though he drives me nuts. 

erin708
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:59 AM
My oldest was but she's been such a blessing. Don't know where dh would have ended up if she wasn't here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LeaE08
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
My son wasn't planned because I was 16 when I got pregnant but I wouldn't change it for the world. My daughter was planned, with three miscarriages while trying. I'm currently pregnancy with number 3 and all though this baby wasn't planned, I wouldn't change a thing. We are excited. Btw, I married my high school sweetheart who is the father of all three of my children. So definitely no regrets here. I believe everything happens for a reason. It's all in God's will.
Mrs.Brugger
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:00 AM

My son was a surprise (I don't call him an accident, it makes it seem BAD). I certainly don't brag about it, but I do believe he came to us for a very important reason. My daughter was planned.

lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 8:03 AM
I grew up being told I was an accident... my brother was planned. After a MC my mom planned 2 more kids and then another accident.

I'm not offended and find it funny. My mom and dad used protection but had me. Her and my stepdad used protection but had their third. It happens and it always made me laugh growing up.

While dh and I planned our two kids I know accidents happen and some accidents have the best outcomes for our lives.

I would also never get into somebodies face over something trivial as it would show my children that's how to act when something is said you dislike.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)