Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

23 and starting school

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 7 Replies
I'm currently pregnant with my second baby. By the time he/she is born I'll be 23. I plan on going to school 3-4 months post birth. It'll be my first time attending college and I'm really nervous because its been years since I've graduated HS and I'm also worried about what people are going to think of me. I'm not sure how long I want to go to school for.. I want to attain my BA so we'll see. Ill be 27 by the time I graduate... Gosh.
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM

First off, good for you for deciding to go back to school! What kind of school are you going to? I wouldn't worry too much about what people are going to think of you. College is much more relaxed than High School when it comes to gossip and drama. I go to a community college and before I started taking classes online and I was actually in the classrooms, it was students actually acting like adults instead of petty drama. There are many people even older than you that were in my classrooms also, so I'm sure it will be fine! Are you going to take classes in person, or online?

mlogsdon
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Good for you for going to school!

It doesn't matter what they think of you. You're in a different place in your life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicoles2LilRams
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Oh please! You'll be just fine, trust me! My mil went back to school in her 40s, and I plan on going back when I'm 30 (when the youngest stats kindergarten). 23 is still relatively young.
I would really try to figure out what you want to do though...you can't really afford to take classes you don't need and waste time like the younger students who aren't raising a family at the same time. I mean...lol I don't know if you can afford to waste classes our not, just speaking in general terms. Some people go back just for the sake of learning, others so they can get their career path on track.
Either way, congrats for getting your plan in motion and good luck!
Also, if you need it, fastweb.com ha scholarships and grants you can apply for
jojo_star
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Good luck!

aodom323
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Sweetie my mom just graduate from college a few years ago she was 43 when she graduated.  Nobody thought anything was wrong with that.  My sister is going to be 27 this year and she just started and she loves it.  I'm 23 and currently in college.  Don't care what people think nobody really cares anymore.  What matters is that you are taking the next step to better you and your children's lives.  That is all that really matters.

Nickels224
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:16 PM
You should not care what people think you are taking a big step it doesn't matter how old you are education is never ending you can always learn pregnant or not. I can tell you I felt like a complete idiot when I was pregnant with my son I had preggo brain lol. I still got my master's so hey.
boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM

When I started college there were plenty of people who were older, it's not that big a deal. good for you for going back. I went for my master's a few years ago, and was pregnant during the second half. I finished my last class after dd was born (chose to push it back because my due date was around finals time), it was a long 6 weeks but totally worth it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)