Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She won't let me wash her hair...

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
  • 7 Replies

My little girl is two. She loves bath time, she'll happily suds her hair up, but when it comes to me rinsing the

soap out she makes it sound like I'm torturing her. I've tried the "tricking" technique, where I get her to look up,

and try my best to rinse it all out the first time... I've tried to use a washcloth & rinse it out slowly...

EVERYTHING! How can I get her to let me rinse her hair out? She's never had a scare with water or anything,

she just won't let me rise her hair without a fight (A HUGE fight at that) But I need to wash her hair... Could it

be because when she was little little, she didn't have much hair, she was blad when she was born & barely

had any when she was one, so I didn't wash it every bath? In the last year her hair's grown almost 6 inches &

she get's everything in it now, so she gets her hair washed every bath... She's only been like this the last like

6ish months...

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Cuddlyknuckle
by Jess on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My ODS hates getting his hair washed. I usually make funny noises when I am pouring the water over his head(btw, he will be 3 in 4 days). I tell him, "Just one more time... ready. WOOOOSH! And done!" It makes him giggle when I make noises.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM

DD is 7 and still hates to be rinsed for her hair.  I give her the option of laying down in the clean clear water to rinse it and i will pour water over the front so it runs towards the back.   Her daddy uses the shower hose to rinse the hair of shampoo.  Have you tried the special pour things for rinsing hair that has a forehead visor attached.

erin708
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM
My dd was like that . I just rinsed and she screamed. No way around it. Now she covers her eyes and doesn't make a sound.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsViv
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I don't wash my kids hair in the tub anymore, I was the one who ended up crying soaking wet. I wash their hair in the kitchen sink. I have them lay down on a towel on the counter and lean their head back into the sink. This way they feel like they have some sort of control.

ShelMama
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Have you seen the neat cups with a rubber forehead guard? I use that on my 15 mo old takes two dunks lol. Idk maybe let her hold a dry rag to her eyes while you do it so she feels she can guard them?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetp113
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:53 AM
My daughter gets that way sometimes. It's time consuming but for some reason if I use a squirt to to help she's fine.
leslie1989
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Maybe try having her pour the water over her head. I use a detachable shower head for my son (19 months) he doesn't mind it at all. I think he's just gotten use to it and doesn't fight me anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)