Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

defeated by the crib

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
Just spent 2 hours trying to put together the crib. After fighting, crying, banging stuff around, and finally improvising...... I HAD to give up for the night. I used this crib for both of my other children. When I hot it out of my parents attic I apparently left the bar that holds the drop side up. So I now have a halfway assembled crib... Sheets all over the place.... And a blaring headache. So much for accomplishing something today. Dh is playing his stupid basketball game and I'm trying not to cry again. I know I still have 2 months until baby comes.... But I wanted to get it set up so I could decorate. Ugh.
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ShelMama
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:45 AM
:( I'm sorry. Try again tomorrow. Fresh!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaileysMom07180
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:48 AM
1 mom liked this

you do realize they passed an act that disallows the use of cribs that have a dropdown side right?

"In 2011, the CPSC voted unanimously to ban drop-side cribs based on the potential for serious injury and death to infants and toddlers. Under the new rules, federal regulators will:

• Stop the manufacture, sale and resale of dangerous, traditional drop-side cribs
  • Make mattress supports stronger
  • Make crib hardware more durable, and
  • Make safety testing more rigorous

These rules apply to existing drop-side crib owners, manufacturers, retail establishments and providers of drop-side cribs including motels, hospitals, and daycare facilities. They also forbid the resale of used drop-side cribs."

megan91
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:44 AM
Quoting HaileysMom07180:

you do realize they passed an act that disallows the use of cribs that have a dropdown side right?

"In 2011, the CPSC voted unanimously to ban drop-side cribs based on the potential for serious injury and death to infants and toddlers. Under the new rules, federal regulators will:

• Stop the manufacture, sale and resale of dangerous, traditional drop-side cribs

These rules apply to existing drop-side crib owners, manufacturers, retail establishments and providers of drop-side cribs including motels, hospitals, and daycare facilities. They also forbid the resale of used drop-side cribs."

they have equipment that keeps it from dropping so it is safe again. Dont know if the op is using it, but its a possibility.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

It sounded to me like she knows that and the bar she has that holds the drop side up she said she left at her parent's house.

OP, it's ok try again today!

Quoting HaileysMom07180:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

ShireeCS
by Shiree on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Hope today is better op
mamarama333
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this
That is the bar I need. Thanks for the support guys. Heading to the parents to get it. Hopefully I can find it. If not.... Time for a new crib.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)