Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Tetanus shot?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM
  • 5 Replies

It has been an eventful few days at our house. Yesterday my oldest fell on a metal bench at school and landed teeth first....so we have now expedited the process of losing baby teeth :/

BUT today my youngest was running at his grandmother's house and one of the round headed nails that are attached to her threshold had come loose and he ran it under the skin below his big toe. He has had all his DTaP shots..........the nail wasn't rusted or anything and she keeps an extremely clean house.....and the cut isn't deep, just ran it up under the skin and made a little bump of bruised skin with a scratch. Should I still get him a tetanus shot?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 2:20 AM

If he is updated on his shots, I do not think he would need another one. Call his doctor or the nurse line to make sure.  Keep an eye on it for any infection.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM

How old is your youngest? If he is up to date on his shots and has had dtap, tetanus is in the dtap vaccine and he should not need an extra dose of it. dtap is normally given starting at 2 months old.

avasmama1375
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:39 AM
No he is fine if he has had the booster in the past 10 years
Miss5ft4
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

He turned 4 in October, and had his last dtap booster in September so he is fine. As it turned out when i finally got to look at it without him screaming, it just shaved the skin off and almost looks like a blister does after it pops. We have kept it clean and covered, with no sign of infection so we are good!

Thanks ladies!

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Glad he is healing well!

Quoting Miss5ft4:

He turned 4 in October, and had his last dtap booster in September so he is fine. As it turned out when i finally got to look at it without him screaming, it just shaved the skin off and almost looks like a blister does after it pops. We have kept it clean and covered, with no sign of infection so we are good!

Thanks ladies!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)