Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

The Official BookWorm Post

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 15 Replies
Since so many of Mamas love to read, I thought I would make this post up to help us out with our reading material. I know how hard it can be to find something worth reading, and that is a purpose of this post. In this post, we will post what we are reading, the genre of what it is. the genre of reading material we usually read, and the authors that we have read.

If there is anything else that you would like to post about your books, or say about the author that your currently reading, or just to give praise about a book or author, post it here!
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShireeCS
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Oh goodness I read a little of everything right now I'm reading the black dagger brotherhood series it's a vampire series by jr ward. I have also read the sookie stackhouse series, hunger games, twilight series. I love series. Beautiful disaster and walking disaster are both good. I have over 200 kindle books that I have read since last July
Alchemist_Momma
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM
I am into more horror type of books, and books about Roman and Greek gods and goddesses, and books about alchemy. I love to learn about new things so I am always searching for new material to read. The newest book that I have read is by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It is called * Time Untime *.

It has a whole range of gods and goddesses in this book, and has alchemic references thrown all through out it. I love all her books and I am currently waiting on the newest book of hers to come out.

I also love Anne Rice's works, but before she had her revelation.
Alchemist_Momma
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM
I counted a couple weeks ago and I think I counted that I have over 500 books. I have one whole wall in my room dedicated to my books, plus 2 walls in the attached garage, plus 6 boxes in my closet, and 4 more in the shed outside. Hell, I may have more than 500 books........I just counted the ones inside the house!!!

Quoting ShireeCS:

Oh goodness I read a little of everything right now I'm reading the black dagger brotherhood series it's a vampire series by jr ward. I have also read the sookie stackhouse series, hunger games, twilight series. I love series. Beautiful disaster and walking disaster are both good. I have over 200 kindle books that I have read since last July
ShireeCS
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM
That's just what I have read since last July I have a bunch more paperback books in storage so I have no clue how many I have

Quoting Alchemist_Momma:

I counted a couple weeks ago and I think I counted that I have over 500 books. I have one whole wall in my room dedicated to my books, plus 2 walls in the attached garage, plus 6 boxes in my closet, and 4 more in the shed outside. Hell, I may have more than 500 books........I just counted the ones inside the house!!!

Quoting ShireeCS:

theosgirl45
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I usually read Stephen King, Dean Koontz or John Saul.  They mostly write Horror and thriller type books.  I am not a big fan of romances but when I am in the mood for one I usually go with Fern Michaels.  I have read a few Anne Rice.  I have also read the Aurora Teagarden Series, The Harper Connelly Series, and the Southern Vampire Mysteries all by Charlaine Harris.  I have read all the Harry Potter books and all the Twilight Books.  I reread stuff all the time.  I am not overly religious but I do enjoy Beverly Lewis books. Lately I have been trying to read some of the classics and so far have managed to read; Pride and Prejudice(which was better than I expected), Bram Stokers Dracula(I loved it!), and I tried to read Mary Shelley's Frankenstein but couldn't get in to it.  I love to talk about the books I have read and to hear about what others think of them so feel free to comment or ask questions.

In vain he thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts.

askyourmother
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 9:20 PM
I read pretty much anything. I'm trying not to read any books that are part of a series right now. I'm not opposed but I'm venturing out to things I wouldn't normally read. I'm reading bright shiny morning by James Frey. I really like it so far. He wrote a million little pieces and there was a huge controversy about it with oprah. I guess it was supposed to be his memoir buy it wasn't all true. Either way it was a good read.
la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I read just about anything
raye-chan
by Raye on May. 1, 2013 at 12:49 AM
The Blood Of Flowers

The Jewel of Medina

To Kill A Mockingbird

The Nightwalker Series

Daughter of the Forest

Those are just a few of my favorites :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jln005
by on May. 1, 2013 at 5:14 AM

I have a list of about 300 books I want to read lol. I am reading them in alphabetical order and am still only on Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, which isn't that exciting to me so it's taking me a long time to get through. I'm almost finished though!

EntrepeneurMom
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 5:37 AM
Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O Neill is my all time favourite book

Empress Orchid by Anchee Min
The Teahouse Fire by Ellis Avery, beautiful love story.

The What Katy Did series by Susan Coolige and A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnet were my childhood loves :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN