Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Are you Mainstream or an Alternative Mom?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:59 PM
  • 26 Replies

I'm kinda curious how many mamas in here consider themselves to be "alternative moms". =) 

I don't really see a lot of posts in here about our religions or our sexual preferences or things like that. 

I know, it's kinda a silly question to ask but I'm honestly curious =) Or, just hearing about what makes you different from mainstream moms :D 

Join Us!

The Alternative Mom's

http://www.cafemom.com/group/110774
by on May. 2, 2013 at 11:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GirlWSemiAuto
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure. I just sort of do what works for us. I'm old fashioned in a lot of ways but I used a lot of AP strategies early on, so I suppose I'm a blend. I think being traditional and old fashioned is actually more "alternative" these days. Especially in our generation. I'm the only person I know that doesn't have a tattoo.

raye-chan
by Raye on May. 3, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Ooh blending is good =) 

I don't have a tattoo either lol Nor do I have any piercings xD 

Quoting GirlWSemiAuto:

I'm not sure. I just sort of do what works for us. I'm old fashioned in a lot of ways but I used a lot of AP strategies early on, so I suppose I'm a blend. I think being traditional and old fashioned is actually more "alternative" these days. Especially in our generation. I'm the only person I know that doesn't have a tattoo.

villagemamma
by on May. 3, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont know if i fully get what that means lol. I have tattoos and a pierced tongue. My daughter is introduced to a variety of people and is being raised not to judge people. but i am for the most part just a typlical mom.

raye-chan
by Raye on May. 3, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Well, a lot of people who say "alternative" mean in appearance or sexualities, religions, or things like that =) 

I'm hoping to introduce my son to more than just the group of people we tend to run into in our town lol 

How many tattoos do you have? 

Quoting villagemamma:

I dont know if i fully get what that means lol. I have tattoos and a pierced tongue. My daughter is introduced to a variety of people and is being raised not to judge people. but i am for the most part just a typlical mom.

JIJs.Mommie
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm alternative.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 6:47 AM
I guess i'm mainstream since I don't have any tattoos yet... I have the normal 3 hole piercings in my earlobes. I want a tattoo or 2 just don't know what I want yet.
ambermarie2006
by Amber on May. 3, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Eh I am a mom lol. I do a lot of mainstream things, but I am also Pagan and have AP tendencies with my kids. I think what works for one does not always work for another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:38 AM

I think I am right down the middle. I use a lot of mainstream things but I have tattoos, try not to feed my kids junk, we are Atheists, we use a lot of the child led philosophies and we homeschooled up until this year.

try4baby20
by on May. 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM
I have tattoos and well my belly button not so much anymore lol! I try to b some what conservative in my views though :) I am pro life and my kids will attend pvt schools
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I guess I'm alternative. No tattoo's but my navel is pierced. My mom has more tattoos and piercing's than I do. We don't believe in god or anything and we're huge nerds. I would love to dress my kids up and go to comic con.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)