Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Has your child ever done something this dangerous and scary?

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 8 Replies

I saw this story in the Stir about a toddler who swallowed a syringe that, thankfully, didn't have  a needle in it and it made me wonder, what's the scariest, most dangerous thing your little one ever did?

For me, I think it was picking up a rat poison thing at my sister's house and ingesting some of the green poison pellets. We called Poison Control immediately and went to the ER, too, but still... super scary! How about you?

by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MrsQuinn06
by on May. 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM
The most dangerous thing either of my kids have done so far has turned out to be my son just running in the house. He slipped and smashed his forehead into a chair and ended up with five stitches. Other than that, my son has also managed to get hold of bug spray and sprayed himself in the face. We called poison control and had to wash out his eyes, nose, and mouth just in case but that one turned out fine.
MomofKJI
by on May. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

The only thing that really pops out at me is when my oldest son was about 2 and he was learning to brush his teeth. He tried it by himself one day while I was getting ready for work and when I came back in the bathroom he had his perscription steriod cream for a rash open and the toothbrush in his mouth. Called poison control and followed the instrustions and he is fine. But still it scared the hell out of me especially being a first time mom.

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Nothing so far, she is almost 9 months old. Definitely not excited for any scary ER visits!

JennaPBug
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:58 PM
When my ds was 10 months old he got the hook part of a hanger stuck in his throat, so I had to turn the hanger around before pulling it out.
lilbit53009
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM

thankfully *knock on wood*...the scariest thing my almost 4yo has done to date is get into my makeup. i was putting away groceries and he was supposed to be in my room watching movies (which he does all the time fine). but this time he decided to go into my makeup and all of a sudden i hear this piercing screaming. the point .2 seconds it took to get to my room seemed like an eternity and everything raced thru my mind of what could have happened to make him be screaming so much.

thankfully i was met by him with a face full of foundation, and mascara and eyeliner all inside his eyes. he was screaming so much cause it stung so bad. 

i wish i took a picture...but the motherly instinct in me rushed him to the bathroom to wash it off and comfort him lol

MaddieLainesMom
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 4:12 PM

My DD broke her arm doing parkour on the playground...she was 4. I mean, really parkour Maddie Laine?! It freaked me out because she broke both bones in her forearm and it was gross. She ended up having to have surgery. Her cast was crazy huge as well. I was so afraid I'd get a call from her preschool that she knocked someone out with it! Plus, it was October/November when she had it and trying to find long sleeve shirts to cover it was a mess!

lilbit53009
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:13 PM

omg i think i would have died :(...glad he was ok

things getting stuck in mouths/eyes anywhere in general just makes me cringe. i've always had a fear of walking with sharp objects that i might fall and it'll get stuck somewhere in me

Quoting JennaPBug:

When my ds was 10 months old he got the hook part of a hanger stuck in his throat, so I had to turn the hanger around before pulling it out.

avasmama1375
by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:51 PM
My daughter got into to my aunts medication and we didnt know what she had taken we took her to the hospital and they kept us over night and she had low levels of a hear pill in her system then a few months later she ran behind my brothers horse and got kicked in the head. She got a small fracture in her skull behind her ear but that was about it. She was air lifted to a hospital an hour away and they wouldn't let me go in the helicopter. The scariest day of my life but everything turned out fine
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)