Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Paraguard (might be tmi)

Posted by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 20 Replies
Omg I am cramping beyond cramping. My labor wasn't even this bad. I never cried or anything during both my labors and I'm close to tears now. Any suggestions on a different birthcontrol? I'm seriously thinking of getting this taken out but need something to replace it and pill isn't an option.
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lindsay4Ambit
by on May. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I have one, it's amazing! How long ago did you get it?

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:36 PM
I have the implanon, I love it.
ilovecandy
by Ruby Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I tried to get that in a few weeks ago. the second they put it in i got horrible pain shotting through my hip bone and throughout my uterus and all throughout my lower back and down my left leg to where i could barely walk. they have to remove it immdeiately. i cant take ANY BC which is why i tried the paraguard and nope......cant do that either. ugh.

Mommy2CXh
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I felt like that with the meriana. With the paragard only thing wrong was the heavy periods and pain during ovulation but come to find out I always have the pain just never really noticed it before the iud
bbyblueAK
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I got it august 4th of last year. It has been wonderful up until about 2months ago. It started with my period being a week almost 2weeks late. i took several tests they all came up negative. So not sure what happened there. I have had the normal slightly heavier periods and a little more cramping but nothing this bad.
Quoting Lindsay4Ambit:

I have one, it's amazing! How long ago did you get it?

bbyblueAK
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Omg i will never ever ever reccomend the mirena to anyone. Im lucky to have my 15month old because of the mirena. not sure if i was gonna be able to have anymore kids because of all the issues it caused me

Quoting Mommy2CXh:

I felt like that with the meriana. With the paragard only thing wrong was the heavy periods and pain during ovulation but come to find out I always have the pain just never really noticed it before the iud

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Holy moley I was starting to think I was the only one!!!!! I had adverse reactions to ever one I tried.

OP.... I have heard implanon is really great. I had it and had to have it removed but I know of people who love it.

Quoting ilovecandy:

I tried to get that in a few weeks ago. the second they put it in i got horrible pain shotting through my hip bone and throughout my uterus and all throughout my lower back and down my left leg to where i could barely walk. they have to remove it immdeiately. i cant take ANY BC which is why i tried the paraguard and nope......cant do that either. ugh.

Mommy2CXh
by Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:37 PM
That thing was horrible my poor sister had it surgically removed two times. She got pregnant not long after and now has a beautiful little boy. I wish I could recommend something else but I can't do hormonal bc. Have you tried doing natural family planning ? I do not know much about it but have started looking into it

Quoting bbyblueAK:

Omg i will never ever ever reccomend the mirena to anyone. Im lucky to have my 15month old because of the mirena. not sure if i was gonna be able to have anymore kids because of all the issues it caused me

Quoting Mommy2CXh:

a06z08mama
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I love my implanon (I have the upgraded one called the Nexplanon.) And love it. No side effects. Just a spotty day every 3 months. No weight gain.
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 4, 2013 at 10:39 PM

I have Mirena. I love that little guy. He's kind to me and keeps the sperms at bay. The only issue I had with it was when I very first got it and the strings were too long. The day I got it, I was a little dizzy and lightheaded, but my OB told me that was perfectly fine and a lot of women have it. By the next day, I couldn't even tell it was there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)