Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

i have a period question sorry tmi

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

well i had my baby 4 1/2 months ago and i got my first monthly back last month on the 4th. well i am nursing can that make me late? i am taking the mini pill and i have missed a couple of pills around the time i should have ovulated. and i made love around that time. any ways i am late and no sign of af at all.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM
It could be the breastfeeding but there is also a chance of being pregnant. The pill doesn't work if you skip some that's why it is best to always use two forms of birth control.
cnlsmommy
by on May. 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Recent pregnancy can, bf can, regulating to the mini pill can, or a being pregnant can, lol! Take a test and ease your mind, they're only a buck. The more you stress over it the more likely it is to be late!
proudmommy690
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Quoting PeaceMuch:

It could be the breastfeeding but there is also a chance of being pregnant. The pill doesn't work if you skip some that's why it is best to always use two forms of birth control.
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

When I was breastfeeding, I never got one. My doctor said that was normal and it happens to a lot of women. 

ShelMama
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Quoting proudmommy690:

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermarie2006
by Amber on May. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM
When I was breastfeeding I did not have a period for 19 months, but of course you could still possibly get pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dibsy
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:48 PM
After having my son I've only had my period once, and haven't since due to breastfeeding. So it could be that, but to ease your mind take a test.
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Quoting PeaceMuch:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 5, 2013 at 7:12 PM
The mini pill isn't effective unless used accurately. It wouldn't hurt to test. Breast feeding can throw off your cycle, though.
JennaPBug
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Yeah, the mini pill HAS to be taken the same time every day. That's why I couldn't take it, way to forgetful. But when I was bf I only had one period in the first 8 months.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN