Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Bikini season?

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 22 Replies
Before I got pregnant, I bought myself the cutest bikini for summer. Then, I ballooned to the size of a medium sized humpback whale and was unable to wear it, which was not only disappointing because I was pretty excited about wearing it, but also because it was sweltering outside and I was very much pregnant and sweaty and the fewer clothes I wore, the better my life would have been. So summer is rolling around again and I became determined to rock that bikini. I'm stuck at 130 now though and can't drop these last 10 pounds! So my question is, who is ready to rock their bikinis and who's rowing the same boat I am?
{Dibs the Pixi Stix Fiend}
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bren07
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I am torn between wanting to rock a bikini, despite my horrible belly, or cover it up. :/
Dibsy
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Quoting Bren07:

I am torn between wanting to rock a bikini, despite my horrible belly, or cover it up. :/

My belly is bad too. What's the worst for me though is my thighs. I'd brave the belly if it wasn't for my thunder thighs! Haha.
Bren07
by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:43 PM
I know how you feel. I have the same problem. Lol. I have this big butt and thighs, so it makes finding something flattering to wear hard.

Quoting Dibsy:

Quoting Bren07:

My belly is bad too. What's the worst for me though is my thighs. I'd brave the belly if it wasn't for my thunder thighs! Haha.
shann77
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
I'm in. your boat but im stuck at 140, good thing i go back to work in 2 Weeks, think that will help. i was 120 pre pregnancy
MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm definitely not rocking a bikini this summer... but I'm ok with it.  Next year I'll be back to my pre pregnancy body though!

Dibsy
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting shann77:

I'm in. your boat but im stuck at 140, good thing i go back to work in 2 Weeks, think that will help. i was 120 pre pregnancy

Thats where I was last month, and had been a sticking point for me too. Every time I weighed for 2 months the scale read 140. I worked out like crazy and cut back on eating and nothing helped for the longest time. Finally I cut out the soda- huge thing for me- and chocolate and all snacks and junk food- even more huge for me- and got down to 130. Now the scale is stuck again. I had just gotten back down to 120 from 135 the day before I found out I was pregnant.
ambermario4ever
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I am with you. I am at 130 I want to loose another ten pounds but they just won't budge. But I may need to loose a little more as well. But I am ready for a tankini. 

kbear1992
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I was 125 pre pregnancy and I rocked a bikini lol I loved my body but in August I wound up pregnant with my first now I'm 38 weeks and I'm at 176 lbs :/ I don't think I'm goin to be in a bathing suit at all this summer which is so sad to me because I loovveddd buying bathing suits that was my thing, some girls have shoes and some girls have purses, I had bikinis
Dibsy
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Quoting kbear1992:

I was 125 pre pregnancy and I rocked a bikini lol I loved my body but in August I wound up pregnant with my first now I'm 38 weeks and I'm at 176 lbs :/ I don't think I'm goin to be in a bathing suit at all this summer which is so sad to me because I loovveddd buying bathing suits that was my thing, some girls have shoes and some girls have purses, I had bikinis

I can totally relate! (I do love my shoes though haha!) when I gave birth I was weighing 189. You'll get there though!
kbear1992
by on May. 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Well it seems my weight has kinda stopped going up (haven't been as hungry this late in my pregnancy) I've stopped at about 176 it's been like that the past two to three weeks. But still I'm used to being tinyish :( my at yr of high school I was a size 2-4 in pants and now at 21 I'm feeling gigantic!!

Quoting Dibsy:

Quoting kbear1992:

I can totally relate! (I do love my shoes though haha!) when I gave birth I was weighing 189. You'll get there though!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)