Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Many unanswered questions and no explanation as to whats going on with my pregnancy...

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

At the beginning of April I found out I was pregnant. Two days later I started to have what i thought was a miscarriage since I had one a year back. My hormone level dropped from 70 to 38. The bleeding stopped after a week and then I got my period shortly after. But I kept bleeding and then itd stop for a few days. I didnt listen to my doctor and waited to set up my ultrasound till this week. I went in first to get my urine and blood test done which came up positive with my hormone level at 380. Went in for my ultrasound and they wouldnt let me see the screen or tell me anything. I ended up getting a call from my doctor saying id have to set up another appointment for the following week and that the one i had was "inconclusive". Saying either I am still too early to be showing on the ultrasound or that im having an ectopic pregnancy...

Im just looking to find someone with advice as to what i can do to reduce my miscarriage risks since i have a history of them or someone who has gone through the same/similar scenario as I am. I want nothing more than for this pregnancy to happen

by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
cricketdawn81
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Sounds crazy.
LavenderMom23
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Sorry, but this level of advice needs to come from a doctor.

k9l1c5
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Maybe you did have a miscarriage but got pregnant again already? Or it was twins and you lost one? I don't understand why they wouldn't let you see the screen, you are the patient and paying for the ultrasound so they should have let you.
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Good luck.  IT is best you go to the doctor with these types of questions and be firm about wanting to know what is going on.  Sometimes ectopic pregnancies will become "normal " pregnancies of the egg is able to move down and attach.

PeppyInPink
by New Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Sorry you are so confused, I would be sure to talk and keep up with the doctors as much as possible. If they tell you to go in, go in. Get the ultrasounds, tests and such. It's probably going to be a lot of hoping, wishing and waiting.. :/

ShelMama
by on May. 5, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Hmmm I'm not sure. Good luck and keep us posted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)