Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

School clothes & supplies

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 27 Replies

How much do you usually spend on your kids every school year? Where do you do your shopping at? What are you favorite places that have awesome deals?

My daughter will be starting Kindergarten this upcoming school year and I know we're going to be spending a little more. I think last year clothes, supplies, pictures, field trips and all we spent at least 500 on her (and her being in preschool). 

I'm just trying to get ideas for maybe some new places to shop and how to get really good deals. 

So far we like Kmart, Old Navy, and JcPenny.  Those are the more common. Occasionally we shop at Belk, Childrens' Place and Gap. 

by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Courtney on May. 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM
I'm not ready to think about back to school. lol.

For clothes, we shop at Crazy8, Macy's, Gap and Kohls. For supplies, I go to Target.
6under1roof
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Target and WalMart usually do really good school supply sales

berlgirl1224
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:17 AM
This. Out school has uniforms which are crazy expensive so I go to second hand stores, then I have to apply logos which cost an arm and a leg ( $4 each polo)

Quoting 6under1roof:

Target and WalMart usually do really good school supply sales

6under1roof
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM

For people who have uniforms, see if there is a Fallas near you. They have SUPER inexpensive clothes, and generally carry uniform clothes.

Rosebud27aj
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:41 AM

My boys wear uniforms to school, they're in kindergarten and preschool now. Only a few stores have the uniforms. We usually go to Walmart or Burlington coat factory, they're not to bad for uniforms. For school supplies we usually go to Walmart. 

PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM
We buy school supplies at Wal-Mart. I can sometimes find good clearance deals on clothes. I bought some plain shirts last year for .50cents. I buy jeans at Old Navy when theyb have there $10 jean sale. I can't remember how much I spent. I think it was $20 or less for supplies. And maybe $100-150 for clothes and shoes.
meg4763
by on May. 7, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I buy most of my 6yo son's clothes at Children's Place or Kohls. I really love Kohls bc they always have in-season clearance sections for the whole family.

geekymom08
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM

For pre-k this year, we ended up buying uniforms for school on top of regular clothes! We like shopping for clothes at Kohls, Old Navy, and Target so far. As far as a backpack goes, we shop anywhere for the backpack he wants.

In August, my son starts Kindergarten too.... and luckly, no uniforms at this school! :)

SAHM2011
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:40 PM

Hahah I don't like the idea of thinking of it already either. I've found that the fall and winter clothes are usually on sale in all different stores.  

I've never heard of Crazy8. Do they have a website or is it stores only? 

Unfortunately we don't have a Macy's, Gap,Target or Kohls here. The closest is 1.5 hrs away. So I look online mainly. It sucks here there's no place to shop except Walmart, Kmart, JcPenny and Belk. 

Quoting Courtney610:

I'm not ready to think about back to school. lol.

For clothes, we shop at Crazy8, Macy's, Gap and Kohls. For supplies, I go to Target.

SAHM2011
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Oh wow. I would say in some area's it's hard to buy uniforms. They can be expensive. The only place around here that sales uniforms is JcPenny and most of the time you have to special order them. They don't keep alot in stock because theres only 1 or maybe 2 schools that require them here. I LOVE Burlington Coat Factory. I wish we had one. 

Quoting Rosebud27aj:

My boys wear uniforms to school, they're in kindergarten and preschool now. Only a few stores have the uniforms. We usually go to Walmart or Burlington coat factory, they're not to bad for uniforms. For school supplies we usually go to Walmart. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN