Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is suddenly bored with our marriage and us scared!

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM
  • 10 Replies

My husband tells me last night while we are watching tv and I am heading to bed cause I am exhausted. I had been up since before 5 with our baby 8 months old he's bored. He's bore with just watching tv every night and sitting there and going to to sleep. Well we live in a town where we have not too many close friends and no family and no baby sitter. We don't have many options of what we can do at night. It freaks me out that he's bored we just got married in March this year. I don't know what he expected. How do help with his boredom. Sex is the only other way to make him not bore out of his mind, but we can't leave the house go out for drinks or go eat together alone. I am frustrate and bothered.HELP !!!

by on May. 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChancesMommy07
by Jessica on May. 10, 2013 at 6:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Spice it up. Put the baby to bed and play a naughty board game, take a shower together, just turn off the tv and talk. Ask your pediatrician for a list of babysitters, most will give you some good recommendations. Make time for each other. Find something that you and him like to do together and then join a local group that shares the same interests so you can make new friends. Being parents is a fantastic thing but don't neglect the marriage. When I got married 10 years ago my grandma told me to always remember that the kids will grow up and move out but you are with your husband for life. Do the little things to keep the spark alive. 

xomrs.chase
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Put the baby to bed and while he's watching tv- jump him :-D

Signup for care.com to look for someone to babysit in your area.
michelles89
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:16 AM
My husband and I do date nights at home. I have a 6 month dd and she's going through missing mommy. We lay her down and watch a rented movie or we play a game. Sometimes we make a yummy dessert together and just talk. I love our at home date nights
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coreynlala
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:34 AM

even just sitting playing cards with a bottle of wine, glass, beer???? None at all don't matter to me. There are so many options. If you feel safe in your  neighborhood, one of my favs to do is late summer nnight walks, gives me a second wind and gets kids super sleepy when they weren't, and puts me in a mood when I'm normally not. Or when baby is in bed, Take a blanket out back and lay under stars, bring a small radio or something, and just talk, be goofy, doesn't matter just connect. I am just now starting to like sex so I used to have to figure out other fun things to do to help us connect. We have 3 kids and almost never have a sitter. Doing stuff fun as a family can still connect, bring everyone closer. If you suggest thing and it still doesn't make him happy then he needs to get off his butt and figure it out. :) good luck

TempestRayne
by Donna on May. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Quoting coreynlala:

even just sitting playing cards with a bottle of wine, glass, beer???? None at all don't matter to me. There are so many options. If you feel safe in your  neighborhood, one of my favs to do is late summer nnight walks, gives me a second wind and gets kids super sleepy when they weren't, and puts me in a mood when I'm normally not. Or when baby is in bed, Take a blanket out back and lay under stars, bring a small radio or something, and just talk, be goofy, doesn't matter just connect. I am just now starting to like sex so I used to have to figure out other fun things to do to help us connect. We have 3 kids and almost never have a sitter. Doing stuff fun as a family can still connect, bring everyone closer. If you suggest thing and it still doesn't make him happy then he needs to get off his butt and figure it out. :) good luck

Bero2007
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

find a hobby you can both enjoy. painting? coloring? puzzles? maybe he can quilt with you

Cuddlyknuckle
by Jess on May. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM

In our house, there is constant laughing... and movement. We have a 3 year old and an(almost) 11 month old... so date night are months apart. I've been told I'm a tad bit crazy.. no idea why but it seems to be a good thing because my husband has no clue what's going on half the time. ;) I'm very unprediticable. Sometimes, I pop out of nowhere and make random noises and run away. Or I run away laughing like a mad woman... this makes him come after me. From there we may sit on the couch and talk for an hour... or fall into bed... talk for a little bit... and you know what happens after that. We try to make things fun. 

villagemamma
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:25 PM

You just gotta change things up. Surprise him with a sexy outfit, randomly jump in the shower with him for a little play time, Go for a family walk, anything else that you can think of to change it up.

DH and i have been together for a long time. I like to keep him on his toes :P

Alyssa23Marie
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Go to the gym , they usually have a daycare that will watch them for a couple hours while Yall work out! Also go do fun things with the kids than when there asleep drink some beers and watch a scary movie! You can take the kids to the movies, arcade look things up
leew8372
by on May. 12, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Tell him to get a freaking hobby like every other husband or SO.... I put my SO to work around the house... He is never bored! lol He has even learned not to say "I'm bored" because he doesn't want to do the work I have in store for him.

What about drinks or games at home you could play together?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)