Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

huge vent session!!!!

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM
  • 7 Replies

I just need some encouraging words to get me by! So here it goes

Aside from my kids being mischievous, manipulating and sometimes down right 'yucky' little critters, my boyfriend is a jerk. He helps around the house when he gets home from work, but clocks out whenever he feels like it, he will do the dishes and leave a puddle of water on the floor, or will make food/coffee and spillage is everywhere, I just don't get how it happens in a way that was so stealthy he didn't notice the huge splatter of *name substance here* all over the *name surface here*.

Tonight he decided he was going to go out, just like last weekend and many many many weekends before that. I was told I am not invited (guys night pffft)  I'm never invited. I have gone out a handful of times since my oldest was born and I haven't had friends since I've had my kids, I haven't been lucky enough to find anyone in my city that is around my age and happens to be a decent person with good parenting abilities. I'm so lonely. I spend day in day out talking to a 2 yr old. 

Sometimes I want to clock out. I want to go out with... Someone, anyone really. My spouse never takes me anywhere, barely talks to me, we NEVER have "cuddle" time unless I'm the one initiating it. I feel caged and unappreciated already, and then he goes and makes me feel ugly, unwanted, unloved, like I'm that horrible to spend time with. I don't know if this is something many parents go through, or if he just doesn't want to be with me anymore. Is he cheating? Is he depressed? Does he have some sort of social drinking addiction? Or is it just me?

by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ambermarie2006
by Amber on May. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Why stay in an unhappy situation?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
I am a FF, pro BF, cosleeping/bedsharing, babywearing & cloth diapering type of momma!

jackiea2010
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM
I have same problem w the friends and its really hard to make new friends. I think if u had friends and u can do girls night out if he gets mad about than put ur foot down thats not fair that he can go out w his friend but u cant.
jackiea2010
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:05 AM
also start dressing sexy and do ur make up everyday I kno its maybe hard (im a tomboy I never wear make up or dress sexy) do the same thing he does to u.
MaryCimino
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Tell him that one weekend YOU would like to go out, my husband and I have that arrangement, one weekend a month one can go out with Friends. I dated a guy like this and I ended it before it could get worse because no matter how many times I told him how I felt he blew me off.

IansMommy2012
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:37 PM
I realize he's just a boy friend but he needs to understand her has a family and girlfriend to take care of and if he can't accept that leave him.
MamaPeanut
by Kristy on May. 11, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Exactly. He treats you like crap because you let him.

Tell him to shape up or ship out.

Quoting ambermarie2006:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)