Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I'm new here and a first time mom to a wonderful little boy. :)

Posted by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

So i am new here and i don't have moms my age to talk to ... and my husband doesn't really get my side of things being he is well daddy and he doesn't have to breast feed the baby.. and i do and he works and we agreed i would stay home with the baby.. but i think it would be nice for him to help out more during the night when my little boy gets up in the middle of the night. 

Does any one else have this issue? baby in sling

by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
shortyshorts25
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Congrats on your new little one! and yes i was the one that got up with my girls most of the time.. but he did try very hard to get up during the weekend and let me sleep.. ( hes a very heavy sleeper and instead of trying to wake em up because one of them was up i just got up myself lol) 

k9l1c5
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Welcome to the group! My name's Khelsea and I'm 21. I have a 9 month old daughter. What is your name and how old are you?

My fiance also works and I stay home. I get up with the baby at night because he gets up early for work. He helps me a lot when he gets home from work though. Maybe you could ask your husband to help out more in the evening for you though when he gets home from work if he doesn't want to get up at night?

leslie1989
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:51 PM
Congrats on the little one! I had this issue too. My husband worked early mornings. He would help me before he went to bed. But once he was asleep, there was no waking him. He is such a hard sleeper. I tried waking him a few times, but I was already frustrated with him, then I had trouble falling back asleep. I know these days are hard, but you will miss them. My son is 19 months now, and sleeps all night. I miss the days holding him all day, feeling him. :( hang in there.
cupcake2819
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Nope, I didn't expect DH (Dear Husband) to get up in the middle of the night.  I breastfed.  He really didn't need to do anything...

anjones09
by Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Congrats on the baby :) when my ds was little and woke up in the middle of the night, dh would change his diaper while I made the bottle and then dh would go back to sleep while I fed ds. He had to get up early for work during the week but on the weekends he'd get up and feed him. You just need to be honest and tell him you need more help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_Mommy10
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:03 PM

You and I are in the exact situation lol. My husband gets up on weekends at night to change his diaper and stuff. My son is 3 weeks tomorrow lol, but during the week, I pretty much do everything since I'm breastfeeding, but he does get up and get me the diaper lol.

by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Since I stayed home with the baby... I got up every time during the night to the baby.. My husband got up early for work so he needed all the sleep... But lucky for me he would wake up early on the weekends and be with him so I could sleep in.. 

MommyRach0810
by on May. 15, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Congrats on the baby!!
But no I never had that issue. My husband always helped me with both my daughters.
Maybe you should talk to him about it.
oscarsmom70
by on May. 15, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I don't have any advice for you but wanted to jump in and say "Welcome and Congratulations!"  Have you talked to your DH about how you feel?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)